Yealink Forums

Full Version: W52P drops network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(02-20-2017 07:41 AM)mannebk Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2017 09:20 AM)mannebk Wrote: [ -> ]After 5! times factory resetting the base and waiting for hours with power on it did finally find the ethernet again.

Thats exactly what I did.

Yesterday it worked, after many hours of up time, today its gone. What ever I do, it does not.

I bet its a cold solder spot.

I checked with my supplier this morning, they neet to look up the service provider.

They will call me back in a few hours and give me the service stations adress and name. Ill report back.

Hi Manne,

Can you tell me who is your supplier?
Hi Karl,

I talked to my supplier today again, a bitt annoied.

I found out, they had it in service for a few minutes, it worked, so they returned it w/o any other question asked. Well at least that very service technician gets kicked out this summer for this and other excelent work he did in the past months.

They told me they dont know, and their supplyer as well, where to ship it for return/repair.

So where do we ship it in Germany? I will ship it directly with an invoice copy.

Also, dropping the Network seems to be an integrated featrure for abourt 16 months old W52p bases.

Do I want to return my ohter w52p base before end of warranty too?

How about you put a adress list for service centers on the yealink homepage?
(02-21-2017 01:05 PM)mannebk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Karl,

I talked to my supplier today again, a bitt annoied.

I found out, they had it in service for a few minutes, it worked, so they returned it w/o any other question asked. Well at least that very service technician gets kicked out this summer for this and other excelent work he did in the past months.

They told me they dont know, and their supplyer as well, where to ship it for return/repair.

So where do we ship it in Germany? I will ship it directly with an invoice copy.

Also, dropping the Network seems to be an integrated featrure for abourt 16 months old W52p bases.

Do I want to return my ohter w52p base before end of warranty too?

How about you put a adress list for service centers on the yealink homepage?
Please email to support@yealink.com for help, my colleague will help you.
Meantime, can you tell me who is your supplier?
Karl, I did sent you a PM with the company details.

Anyway, I have to apologize, since its not yealinks fault with the bad quality of service, it was a problem of my supplier.

I just want to clarify that here again. And I did update my post with the complaint.

And I did sent an email to Support refering to this thread. Now its in Yealinks hands.
(02-23-2017 08:54 AM)mannebk Wrote: [ -> ]Karl, I did sent you a PM with the company details.

Anyway, I have to apologize, since its not yealinks fault with the bad quality of service, it was a problem of my supplier.

I just want to clarify that here again. And I did update my post with the complaint.

And I did sent an email to Support refering to this thread. Now its in Yealinks hands.
Thank you for understanding.
I think my colleague will give you great support.
Hi Frank,

sorry for my language, the f-word is a regular part of english language, so nothing unusual, but I could type "beep" :-) but that would not represent my very pissed state of mind.

Well, Allnet is the reseller of YEALINK, and YEALINK support told me to do this with Allnet. It is NOT my job to educated the YEALINK reseller what the warranty rules are in Germany. Thats in the first place the job of Allnets legal department and in the second place the job of YEALINK, to make sure, their importers know and comply with the local rules.

Since over a month now I am stuck with this warranty issue... and still I have the defective base here and no clue where to send it.

Whats the problem with giving the customer an address to return (probably) warranty case equipment and send a diagnosed, repaired or new equipment out ASAP?

I was so happy with my YEALINK phones and soon I have to equip a newly bought company with new technology, as they still use PTSN phones, but the contract with german Telekom ends.

Well, Im not really fixated on YEALINK anymore.

A while back, when I changed my first company to YEALINK, I did drop Gigaset phones, many of them almost factory new, for lots of money, because I was sick of crappy firmware, buggy web and phone front end and non existent service. On top I was sick of my employees wasting their time waiting for a buggy phone.

YEALINK is on the brink to get the same rating from me for handling my warranty like they don't care for customers.

Go kick Allnet, you of all people could do this. Nobody else! Maybe they wake up, or change your reseller, there are other companys with better support in Germany available.
(03-01-2017 09:15 AM)mannebk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Frank,

sorry for my language, the f-word is a regular part of english language, so nothing unusual, but I could type "beep" :-) but that would not represent my very pissed state of mind.

Well, Allnet is the reseller of YEALINK, and YEALINK support told me to do this with Allnet. It is NOT my job to educated the YEALINK reseller what the warranty rules are in Germany. Thats in the first place the job of Allnets legal department and in the second place the job of YEALINK, to make sure, their importers know and comply with the local rules.

Since over a month now I am stuck with this warranty issue... and still I have the defective base here and no clue where to send it.

Whats the problem with giving the customer an address to return (probably) warranty case equipment and send a diagnosed, repaired or new equipment out ASAP?

I was so happy with my YEALINK phones and soon I have to equip a newly bought company with new technology, as they still use PTSN phones, but the contract with german Telekom ends.

Well, Im not really fixated on YEALINK anymore.

A while back, when I changed my first company to YEALINK, I did drop Gigaset phones, many of them almost factory new, for lots of money, because I was sick of crappy firmware, buggy web and phone front end and non existent service. On top I was sick of my employees wasting their time waiting for a buggy phone.

YEALINK is on the brink to get the same rating from me for handling my warranty like they don't care for customers.

Go kick Allnet, you of all people could do this. Nobody else! Maybe they wake up, or change your reseller, there are other companys with better support in Germany available.
Dear sir,

I just checked, you had sent email to our support team, and my colleague Lisa will help you about the RMA process, I just push her. Sorry about the delay. If you have any problem or complain, please feel free to let us know, we will try to give you better support and improve in future.
So, to make a long story short, after giving them (Allnet) some pressure, the German resellers employees woke up and sent me a replacement base, free of charge.

It seams, some guy got his head out of his but and recognized that for DE its 24 months warranty from the day the base is sold to the user and not 18 months from the day they sell it to the reseller.

I got the new base, plugged it in, and voila, nothing. Only the power LED goes on, nothing else. Same as my old base. A factory new base that's already at its EOL (end of life)? OK, MAYBE its on my side, I thought, so I didn't go straight back to Allnet (the German reseller) but first checked my side.

I had the first replacement base on 5 different Ethernet networks, even built one especially for this base, had all kinds of energy-supply variations, switched cables about 100 times, did factory resets and what ever. I waited for days. Nothing, that one was so dead, it couldn't become any more deader than dead.

I even tried to find that base in the zero conf IP range 169.254.0.0/16... did take about 48 hours to ping all the available IPs, but to no avail. This factory brand new base was just dead.

So I got back to Allnet, the German Yealink reseller. And after a long report, they did sent me a second base.

I plugged it in, it came online in about 20 seconds, like my other W52P do, registered the phone, loaded the config, done.

Now it works.

But obviously YEALINK does have a quality Problem with the W52P bases.

So, YEALINK Folks: Big question: what do YOU do if my base is just past 24 Months and dies? Are you a good company that will replace my just past warranty base, or are you not forthcoming and tell me: bad luck for you, good luck for us... ?

Since its not a unique base having this issue, please YEALINK, kindly tell us what to expect from Yealink.
(03-10-2017 12:19 PM)mannebk Wrote: [ -> ]So, to make a long story short, after giving them (Allnet) some pressure, the German resellers employees woke up and sent me a replacement base, free of charge.

It seams, some guy got his head out of his but and recognized that for DE its 24 months warranty from the day the base is sold to the user and not 18 months from the day they sell it to the reseller.

I got the new base, plugged it in, and voila, nothing. Only the power LED goes on, nothing else. Same as my old base. A factory new base that's already at its EOL (end of life)? OK, MAYBE its on my side, I thought, so I didn't go straight back to Allnet (the German reseller) but first checked my side.

I had the first replacement base on 5 different Ethernet networks, even built one especially for this base, had all kinds of energy-supply variations, switched cables about 100 times, did factory resets and what ever. I waited for days. Nothing, that one was so dead, it couldn't become any more deader than dead.

I even tried to find that base in the zero conf IP range 169.254.0.0/16... did take about 48 hours to ping all the available IPs, but to no avail. This factory brand new base was just dead.

So I got back to Allnet, the German Yealink reseller. And after a long report, they did sent me a second base.

I plugged it in, it came online in about 20 seconds, like my other W52P do, registered the phone, loaded the config, done.

Now it works.

But obviously YEALINK does have a quality Problem with the W52P bases.

So, YEALINK Folks: Big question: what do YOU do if my base is just past 24 Months and dies? Are you a good company that will replace my just past warranty base, or are you not forthcoming and tell me: bad luck for you, good luck for us... ?

Since its not a unique base having this issue, please YEALINK, kindly tell us what to expect from Yealink.

Dear sir,

About your phone, I have to feel sorry about it.

The MTBF to all Yealink phones is 200 years.
MTBF is Mean Time Between Failure, so it mean that Yealink phone can be used about 200 years without hardware problem. So please believe the quantity of Yealink.

If the phone out of warranty time, we still supply free software upgrade service.
If the phone has hardware problem, you can buy an new one or just send the phone to us, we can help you to repair, but you need to pay some money.
All, the symptoms here are indicative of a problem we saw a few months ago, because the base station had PNP enabled.
auto_provision.pnp_enable = 0

With PNP enabled the base station registers ok at first but then periodically goes away to look for a pnp source.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's