Yealink Forums

Full Version: Any plans to implement G.722.1C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any plans to implement G.722.1C codec (Siren 14) in future firmware for Yealink phones?
So far it looks like this is the highest quality codec available at 32kHz, Ultrawideband.
HI Sir,

Yealink high-end phone such as T49、T58 can support the G722.1c, the others don't support it. Can you kindly tell me why do you want the phone support this codec?

Best Regards,
Licia
(11-29-2016 03:05 AM)Lucia Wrote: [ -> ]HI Sir,

Yealink high-end phone such as T49、T58 can support the G722.1c, the others don't support it. Can you kindly tell me why do you want the phone support this codec?

Best Regards,
Licia

G722.1c is the only ultra-wideband codec available (32kHz) and it sounds awesome on Polycom phones with Asterisk. Superior to Opus or G722 16kHz.

Please forward this feature request to your engineers.
I am certain Asterisk/FreePBX users would love the addition of a higher quality ultra-wideband codec on all of your line of phones.
Dear Sir,

I have forwarded your requirement to our Product Dept. And they will take it into account if we can add it in the next big version.

Best Regards,
Licia
So far it's Polycom and Digium phones supporting this codec. When I heard it I was pretty intrigued. It's another big step in call quality compared to G722. Would be amazing to enjoy the benefits on our T23G line of phones with Asterisk.
Reference URL's