Yealink Forums

Full Version: T48G / Call Parking Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have seen a lot of posts about this but there seems to be no definitive answer as to if and when this will be fixed.

I have a DSS key set to do a "CALL PARK" to "700" with the Label "PARK" and the correct line association.

When a call is answered and the call is parked via the DSS button, the REFER is issued and the server returns the "202 ACCEPTED" as expected.

The server continues to send the RTP stream to the phone with the announcement "Call parked at 70x". It then sends the NOTIFY message to the phone with the "200 OK" in the SDP fragment.

This causes the call to terminate as it should.

The problem is that the phone closes the RTP port after the "200 ACCEPTED" is received. Thus the user cannot hear the message as to where the call is parked.

There are workarounds mentioned in the forums that suggest setting the DSS key to "Transfer", "700", & "Park" and also setting the "Transfer via DSS key" to "attended transfer."

This is not ideal as the user must remember to complete the transfer after the message is played.

Also if the user has an incoming call and they "park" the call using the "transfer" workaround, and then pick up the incoming call, the final REFER never gets issued and they have two calls on hold and the park never completes. It is not a good user experience.

My request would be to keep the "Call Park" exactly as it is now, but to not close the RTP port until after the "NOTIFY" message is received from the server. In this way the server can send the announcement message for the call park.

Please advise.

Thanks! Big Grin
Hi,

Can you please send your pcap trace to us? I will check whether there is an option to achieve it with R&D.
You can send it to james@yealink.com.

Regards,
James
(06-24-2015 06:58 PM)Yealink_James Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Can you please send your pcap trace to us? I will check whether there is an option to achieve it with R&D.
You can send it to james@yealink.com.

Regards,
James

Did this ever get resolved?
Reference URL's