Yealink Forums

Full Version: T21PE2 Won't apply settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a T21PE2 that was autoprovisioned at least once before, the problem is that now even after a factory reset, it won't apply settings to account1. Manually inputting settings won't save and autoprovisioning files get fetched from the server but not applied. This is the second phone that has done this, even with the latest firmware it will not accept settings on account1, if I put the settings in account2 manually it will work.

Firmware version: 52.80.0.3

Regards,
Karl
How can you provision the phone?
What do you mean it won't apply setting to account 1?

Is that you configure some setting about account 1, but after provision, it can't take effect?
Do you enable the auto_provision.custom.protect feature?
If possible, please add this string(auto_provision.custom.protect =0) in provision template files then test again.
You can put it follow #!version:1.0.0.1 line with an new line.
Hi,

It seems to have come right after leaving it from the weekend, to me it seems if they phone is autoprovisioned from one network and moved to another network all the settings get messed up. When I try a factory reset it won't clear the settings properly, if I try to put the SIP username, password and server address it won't "stick" after clicking apply settings, after a page refresh the account 1 settings are unchanged - very strange behaviour.

But to clarify this is now working as expected. The only thing I did manually was reset the SIP password and add VLAN ID to the Internet port. Reboot and it registered fine on Asterisk system (freepbx).

Thanks.

(11-21-2016 09:27 AM)Yealink_Karl Wrote: [ -> ]How can you provision the phone?

Is that you configure some setting about account 1, but after provision, it can't take effect?
If possible, please add this string(auto_provision.custom.protect =0) in provision template files then test again.

Hi,

What happens is if I factory reset the phone now, it will be part of a network that all the other clients are on, it fetches it's configuration like the other phones, but this customer is on a seperate VLAN and Hosted PBX, I think if the phone is configured on LAN and moved to VLAN afterwards the configuration gets messed up, but why is this the case? If I move to another VLAN and provision from another server, shouldn't the settings get overridden? Provisioning files are generated by the FreePBX endpoint manager and all the other phones are working, we also use this at other sites and it works fine.

Regards,
Karl

(11-21-2016 09:37 AM)karlc Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

It seems to have come right after leaving it from the weekend, to me it seems if they phone is autoprovisioned from one network and moved to another network all the settings get messed up. When I try a factory reset it won't clear the settings properly, if I try to put the SIP username, password and server address it won't "stick" after clicking apply settings, after a page refresh the account 1 settings are unchanged - very strange behaviour.

But to clarify this is now working as expected. The only thing I did manually was reset the SIP password and add VLAN ID to the Internet port. Reboot and it registered fine on Asterisk system (freepbx).

Thanks.

(11-21-2016 09:27 AM)Yealink_Karl Wrote: [ -> ]How can you provision the phone?

it seems if they phone is autoprovisioned from one network and moved to another network all the settings get messed up.
[Karl] Do you have configure PNP or DHCP server in your side?
How do you trigger auto provision? From web interface? Trigger from PBX?
Please tell me your detail provision method and your network environment.

You need to tell me more detail info, so I can know clearly your scenario firstly before I give you help.
Hi,

In this case it will be done via DHCP running inside the VLAN, we set option 66 to the PBX server's provisioning URL something like "http://192.168.0.1:83/" which has a document root that contains the actual provisioning files for the Yealinks.

Regards,

(11-21-2016 11:40 AM)Yealink_Karl Wrote: [ -> ]it seems if they phone is autoprovisioned from one network and moved to another network all the settings get messed up.
[Karl] Do you have configure PNP or DHCP server in your side?
How do you trigger auto provision? From web interface? Trigger from PBX?
Please tell me your detail provision method and your network environment.

You need to tell me more detail info, so I can know clearly your scenario firstly before I give you help.
Every factory reset, the DHCP feature will be enable as default, so the phone will get provision URL via DHCP option.
So the phone will auto provision and change the account 1 setting. (this is my guess, you can check yourself again)
Reference URL's