Yealink Forums

Full Version: T48G - When pressing a Prefix DSS key, disable switching to number pad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

We have setup a few DSS keys as a prefix keys (e.g. Intercom, Voicemail, Park) - but what happens is upon pressing these keys, the numberpad comes up. We have setup our phones to have BLFs for everyone in the office, so really we would like to be able to Press the Prefix DSS key + the BLF to make transferring calls easier for our users - right now we have to switch back to the DSS screen after pressing a Prefix DSS key.

Is there a way to keep the screen on the "home" page upon pressing a prefix DSS key?
Sorry, currently there is no an option to configure it.

Regards,
James
(06-06-2015 06:12 AM)Yealink_James Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, currently there is no an option to configure it.

Regards,
James

Does this seem like a good candidate for a feature request? I think it make the user experience much more pleasant!
I agree that having the screen stay on the main DSS key page is much more useful than having it bring up a soft keypad. There is already a physical keypad on the phone!
Every one of my customers has asked for this. When is this going to be implemented?

Thank you for your attention.

(06-05-2015 09:22 PM)someone1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

We have setup a few DSS keys as a prefix keys (e.g. Intercom, Voicemail, Park) - but what happens is upon pressing these keys, the numberpad comes up. We have setup our phones to have BLFs for everyone in the office, so really we would like to be able to Press the Prefix DSS key + the BLF to make transferring calls easier for our users - right now we have to switch back to the DSS screen after pressing a Prefix DSS key.

Is there a way to keep the screen on the "home" page upon pressing a prefix DSS key?
I agree , I posted the same question , haviong to press DSS to get the overlay back is counter intuitive ,

hopefully this will get implemented soon ,
Any chance this can be addressed Yealink?
Any update on this, every time I install a T48 system one of the first complaints is about the the extra steps needed to access the DSS keys when using a prefix. And lately it is hit or miss just trying to get DSS Prefix to work with BLF keys.
Reference URL's