Yealink Forums

Full Version: V73 Provisioning Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there

I want to make my provision data to be V73 compliant. After checking the V73 provision manual I am somewhat confused. Huh

On page 88 there is written about "Configurations never be saved to <MAC>-local.cfg file."
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/UCOne/2014...V73_40.pdf

My current V72 provision mac config includes parameter for several VLAN related values. The reason is that these VLAN values can be different for each phone. According to the V73 provision manual it is now no longer allowed to put these VLAN parameter into the <MAC>-local.cfg file.

Code:
network.vlan.internet_port_enable = {$voice_vlan_enable}
network.vlan.internet_port_vid = {$voice_vlan_id}
network.vlan.internet_port_priority = 0
network.vlan.pc_port_enable = {$data_vlan_enable}
network.vlan.pc_port_vid = {$data_vlan_id}
network.vlan.pc_port_priority = 0

Well, how can this be? Thats absolutely illogical. When these VLAN values are put into the <COMMON>-local.cfg file, these values are applied to ALL phones. They have to be individual, - different for each phone. Out of my view this new V73 rule cannot be right.
Hello,

You misunderstand it. The mac.cfg file and mac-local.cfg file are two different files.
You can put the VLAN values into mac.cfg like in V72. It's no difference.

Mac-local.cfg is generated by phone itself. This file is used for a new feature called "Protect Personalized Setting".

Regards,
James
(06-04-2015 03:34 AM)Yealink_James Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

You misunderstand it. The mac.cfg file and mac-local.cfg file are two different files.

Hi Yealink James

Many thanks for this fast clarification!

I understand this definitely completely wrong. Blush

Kind regards
lorn10
Reference URL's