Yealink Forums

Full Version: T20P XML Browser YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I'm trying to implement a text menu on yealink T20P recurring to an XML file accessed from a programmable key to substitute one option that we loose since we upgraded from 9.6X to 9.7X firmware version: Clear all calls history.
BTW, our users find this option very usefull as we noticed from our service desk incident report the week after we made the upgrade on >900 devices... :-(

I used some examples from the Yealink XML Browser developer's guide to try to replicate the lost option.
If I assign the following xml code to a programmable key, the history is succesfully cleared but without asking confirmation to the user:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<YealinkIPPhoneExecute Beep="yes">
<ExecuteItem URI="Command: ClearCallersList"/>
</YealinkIPPhoneExecute>

So I tried to setup a XML file to get a menu asking the user if he really want to clear the call history:

<YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu defaultIndex = "1" style = "numbered" Beep = "yes" Timeout = "10" LockIn = "yes">
<Title wrap = "yes">Menu Title</Title>
<MenuItem>
<Prompt>Clear History</Prompt>
<URI>http://web.server.serving.xml.files/clearhistory.xml</URI>
<Selection>Selection</Selection>
</MenuItem>
</YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu>

When I press the programmable key, I ear a beep and from the web server I see that the XML file was sent but nothing appears on the phone LCD and the history isn't also cleared.

I should be missing something. Can someone with experience on this XML scripting give me some help or point to the right direction ?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos Franco
Sorry Carlos, but T20 can't support display the txt content through the xml Browser.
but other phone for example T22 ,T26 and so on can.
Best Regards!
OK. Thanks Flora for your prompt reply.
As you seem to know about this matter, may I ask you if you think that there's some way to ask for confirmation before clearing the calls history?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Carlos Franco
Hi Carlos ,
please use below file.

<YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu
defaultIndex="15"
style="numbered"
Beep="yes"
wrapList="yes"
Timeout="3"
LockIn="no">

<Title>TextMenu</Title>

<MenuItem>
<Prompt>clear history</Prompt>
<Prompt>Execute</Prompt>
<URI>http://10.2.5.134:8080/Execute.xml</URI>
<Selection></Selection>
</MenuItem>

</YealinkIPPhoneTextMenu>

The content in the Execute.xml,
<YealinkIPPhoneExecute Beep="yes">
<ExecuteItem URI="Command: ClearCallersList"/>
</YealinkIPPhoneExecute>

Best Regards!
Flora
Hi Flora,

No luck... The phone beeps but no prompt or text is displayed and the execute xml isn't called (the history is not cleared)...

Thanks a lot for your help and for the time you're dispending with this issue.

I don't understand why Yealink guys decided to remove the clear calls history option :-(

Have a nice day,

Carlos Franco
Hi Carlos ,

Sorry , I hasn't made it clear and caused misunderstanding.
As I mentioned , T20 can't support show the text file through xml browser, so there is no way to ask for " clear the history " on T20 through xml broswer.

The template I gave is for other Yealink phones which can support show the text through xml browser for example T22.

Sorry for the inconvenient.
Flora
Hi Flora,

Yes, I misunderstood your message, sorry...

Well, no future for my 2000 T20P... That's bad because lot of users were using the clear calls history, and in truth I think that it was a useful feature...

Is there any place you know from where I can request this feature again to Yealink guys ?

Thanks again for your support.
Regards,
Carlos Franco
Reference URL's