Yealink Forums

Full Version: Connection on back up WAN links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, hopefully someone can help. We have about 25-30 T41 and T46 connected at one premise.

We have a Draytek 2830 managing a dedicated fibre connection on Wan 2 and an ADSL connection on WAN 1.

We have setup rules so if Wan 2 fails the phones will register over Wan 1 to our server. And from testing this works with a number Aastra 6755i phones we have on site.

However it takes 5+ minutes for some Yealinks to register and some do not at all, and have to be rebooted. The same happens when we reboot the router. The Wan 2 connection will go down and once it comes back up the Yealink take between 5 to 10 minutes to register with our PBX. Where as the Aastras take less than a minute.

The weird thing is that all of them seem to register at the same time after the five minute period. If you were to log into the phone and press Ok on the account page the phone registers within seconds. Here is some of the sample config I have:

account.1.sip_server.1.expires = 30
account.1.sip_server.1.port = 5060
account.1.sip_server.1.register_on_enable = 1
account.1.sip_server.1.retry_counts = 3
account.1.sip_server_host = 88.98.49.66
account.1.sip_server_port = 5060
account.1.srtp_encryption =
account.1.sip_server_type = 0
account.1.subscribe_mwi = 1
account.1.subscribe_mwi_to_vm = 1
account.1.transport = 1
account.1.unregister_on_reboot = 1

If I was to power all the phones off via resetting the POE switch they would all register a few seconds after reboot. Is the phone waiting for something during this period when we have no access to the internet?
My initial thoughts were about the:

account.1.sip_server.1.retry_counts = 3

But I have increased the number of retry counts and this has made no difference.

We have the phones set with a 30 expiring registration, so they have to frequently register with the server every 30 seconds.
Ideally we would like the phone to register within a minute once any Wan link becomes available.
Anybody experience this issue before?
Hi,

What's the firmware of T41 and T46?
Can you please export a pcap trace/level 6 syslog/config.bin file. From these files we can check phone behavior in the five minutes.

How to get these files:
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1319

Regards,
James
Reference URL's