Yealink Forums

Full Version: Newbie ftp question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to use an ftp server for provisioning a W52P. From reading the documentation and browsing this forum, it looks like all I need to do is set the Provisioning Server in Phone > Auto Provisioning.

No matter what I enter the log tells me:
May 11 23:05:28 syslog[117]: [0116] 42311180 Ignore the special config [auto_provision.server.url]
And then:
May 11 23:07:50 ATP [350]: ATP <3+error > tftp to file failed, code = -16, msg = Host is not a tftp server, retry = 1

What is the correct format for a ftp Provisioning Server?
Do I need to set anything else to use ftp?

TIA
Hi,

Please make sure you have installed a correct ftp server as provisioning server first, such as Wftpd and FileZilla, both are free FTP application softwares for Windows. More information please refer to:Yealink_W52P_IP_DECT_Phones_Auto_Provisioning_Guide_V73_27.pdf on page 62.

The server URL format should like “ftp://username:password@IP/configuration file”, for example “ftp://test1:123456@10.3.6.234/Common.cfg” (Here "10.3.6.234" means the IP address of the provisioning server, "Common.cfg" is the file which you edit your settings in and store in the ftp root directory.
[attachment=1469]

Thank you! Any question please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Peter
That is the information I needed, thanks Peter!
Reference URL's