Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46G BLF Lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We have a few T46G phones in the office, however every time I set up the BLF, it changes the icon to a picture of a person with the red cross on the bottom right and doesn't show up when that person is on the phone. How do I set this up? Are there online settings I might need to adjust?
Dear,

It seems that the configuration is not correct. Please make sure:
1. You are using a correct line to monitor the line to want to check.
2. Make sure your line and monitored line are registered successfully.

For more information about configuration of BLF, Please refer to user guide below:
http://support.yealink.com/attachmentDow...V73_40.pdf

Regards
Elaine
Thank you Elaine, what do you mean by a registered line?
Hi Elaine (and other users),

Further to my colleague's email above, we have a number of Yealink T46G phones in our office and whilst they work well, we are unable to tell by looking at our individual phones, when someone is already on a call.

I have attached a screenshot of our standard screen setup and would like to know is it possible for my phone to tell me when "Mim" is on another call? If so, should her icon change to "busy" when she is on a call? Or does a red light flash to the left of her name?

Assuming this functionality is possible, which I'm sure it is, does it fall under Busy Lump Field (BLF) or is it something completely different? Having reviewed the BLF chapter in the Yealink User Guide, it seems as though the BLF can be setup to monitor a specific line, rather than all four users... or does the BLF just need to be setup to monitor four separate lines (one for each user)?

I appreciate your assistance in this matter and once we know we're on the right track, I'm sure we can sort it out.

Ray_Grey
*bump
The icon does not change on the T46 in my experience. The LED of the button should illuminate RED for OFF Hook and GREEN for ON Hook.
If I recall, the Red X means it is not monitoring an extension properly.
(05-17-2015 02:38 PM)craigreilly Wrote: [ -> ]The LED of the button should illuminate RED for OFF Hook and GREEN for ON Hook.

Hi, no buttons on any of the phones are currently illuminated at any stage, regardless of whether the phone is OFF Hook or ON Hook. Is this something that needs to be addressed before establishing the BLF?
Once the phone registers with a server properly and is getting the BLF instructions from the server, they should light up green.
(If I recall, there may be an option available to be OFF unless active they turn RED. But with the icon you describe, I think they are not connecting properly)
(05-19-2015 03:53 AM)craigreilly Wrote: [ -> ]Once the phone registers with a server properly and is getting the BLF instructions from the server, they should light up green.

Thanks Craig, disregarding what my colleague posted regarding the red cross that appears, the above quote suggests I need to speak with our virtual PBX provider and confirm whether this feature is supported or not. Is this correct?
(05-19-2015 03:53 AM)craigreilly Wrote: [ -> ]Once the phone registers with a server properly and is getting the BLF instructions from the server, they should light up green.

Hi Craig,

I've spoken to my virtual PBX provider and they confirmed that they do support the BLF function. They have provided me with the following string which is designed for the Cisco SPA 5XX phones they support -

fnc=blf+sd+cp;sub=09XXXXXX@sip10.mynetfone.com.au

NB. The 09XXXXXX is the internal number of the line we wish to monitor.

Is this the same string we should use for the T46G?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's