Yealink Forums

Full Version: Screen wakes on BLF activity (v81)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Along with the flashing power LED issue mentioned in this post already, we're having an issue after upgrading to v81 that the phone screen wakes up whenever a BLF user's status changes.

Here are the details from my testing.
  • Tested and confirmed on T46 and T48.
  • Phone screen wakes up regardless of if it has simply been dimmed from inactivity, or if the screensaver is on, or if it's in full on power saving mode with the screen off.
  • We do not use any of the audio or visual alerts for BLF pickup so those features are all turned off (features.pickup.blf_visual_enable and features.pickup.blf_audio_enable)
  • I tried turned the new intelligent mode feature off and it made no difference (features.power_saving.intelligent_mode)
  • Happens regardless of it currently being inside or outside of office hours

This is having a real negative impact because users are used to their phone waking up when they are receiving an actual call. Now it lights up every time any BLF key makes or receives a call.

Let me know if you need anything else tested, I would be happy to do it.

Thanks.
I can confirm this issue.
Quote:Now it lights up every time any BLF key makes or receives a call.
This is not a bug in my opinion.
I do really like this new feature. Smile Smile Smile
(11-10-2016 02:48 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Now it lights up every time any BLF key makes or receives a call.
This is not a bug in my opinion.
I do really like this new feature. Smile Smile Smile

Haha. I definitely like the idea of this being an option that can be turned on or off, just like features.pickup.blf_visual_enable and features.pickup.blf_audio_enable, but having it forced on for people who have no interest in seeing their phone light up unless their phone is actually ringing is key here. Smile
Not tested, but maybe is this what you are looking for?
features.blf_active_backlight.enable = 0
(11-10-2016 04:14 PM)complex1 Wrote: [ -> ]Not tested, but maybe is this what you are looking for?
features.blf_active_backlight.enable = 0

Nice! That did it. Tested on T48 with screen dim, screensaver, and power saver. Can I ask where you found that setting? It isn't in the v81 admin guide from what I can tell.
Quote:It isn't in the v81 admin guide from what I can tell.
I always read the Release Notes... there you can find it, on Page 118. Wink

# It enables or disables the IP phone to turn on the backlight or stop the screen saver when the BLF/BLF list status changes. 0-Disabled, 1-Enabled (default);
@complex1

Thank you for your hint.

I can confirm, this parameter isn't part of v81 admin guide. But it's in the Excel file, which contains also all parameters with their values.
I hope this post helps.

Workaround Instructions for T48G
- Click the Settings Tab
- Under the Preferences section, locate the Screensaver Wait Time setting
- Click the dropdown and choose a time period (I chose 6hr)
- Click the Confirm button
- If the phone display is on the screensaver, press the "X" button on the phone to wake the screen
Reference URL's