Yealink Forums

Full Version: Custom Factory URL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm having an issue getting the custom_factory_configuration.url to work correctly in an autoprovision config file and also through the Import/Export feature in the T42. I am attempting this on a T26 and a T42 both with the latest firmware and autoprovision configuration files.

Here is the current code I'm trying:

Code:
custom_factory_configuration.url = http://<WEBSERVER>.com

And I've tried:

Code:
custom_factory_configuration.url = ftp://<FTPSERVER>.com

I've also tried both with the following:

Code:
features.custom_factory_config.enable = 1

With this code in the configuration, upon factory resetting it is not hitting either servers.

I currently have a three configurations in the root directory named:

y000000000004.cfg
y000000000028.cfg
y000000000029.cfg

The Webserver is running Apache2. The FTP server is running FileZilla and the root directory is viewable from anonymous entry. I am able to hit both servers from the outside just fine and I'm able to view the cfg files.

Has this feature been removed or am I missing something?

Thank you for your time,
Zach
Hi Zach,

If you configure "features.custom_factory_config.enable = 1", you will see the factory configuration import item on phone WUI, as below screenshot shows, you can import the customized config.bin file here. Please be aware that you should reboot the phone first to make the change effctive. after complete rebooting, then reset phone, you will find the phone keep the customized settings after resetting.
[attachment=1428]
The method via provision:
add below parameters to the common.cfg file and trigger provision, then reboot phone.
custom_factory_configuration.url = http://<WEBSERVER>.com ##customized configure file is format as ".bin"

Thank you!

Best Regars,
Peter
(04-17-2015 06:11 PM)Yealink_Peter Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Zach,

If you configure "features.custom_factory_config.enable = 1", you will see the factory configuration import item on phone WUI, as below screenshot shows, you can import the customized config.bin file here. Please be aware that you should reboot the phone first to make the change effctive. after complete rebooting, then reset phone, you will find the phone keep the customized settings after resetting.

The method via provision:
add below parameters to the common.cfg file and trigger provision, then reboot phone.
custom_factory_configuration.url = http://<WEBSERVER>.com ##customized configure file is format as ".bin"

Thank you!

Best Regars,
Peter

Thank you Peter! I've finally found a moment (two years I know, we've been extremely swamped with work) where I can update our back end provisioning method and start to utilize factory config's for our business model. I've attempted quite a few times, but I'm having difficulty keeping the password for our provisioning in the .bin's on the export config. The values I'm using in the configuration of the phone are the following:

Code:
#!version:1.0.0.1
static.features.custom_factory_config.enable = 1
static.auto_provision.server.url = ftp://<SERVER>.com
static.auto_provision.server.username = <USERNAME>
static.auto_provision.server.password = <PASSWORD>

After I have the phone obtain these values, I then perform a reboot on it to make sure it keeps them. Once I do that, I download the import configuration from the following location:

[attachment=4414]

I then import that .bin configuration within the factory config and receive a notification that it imports ok.

Once this is done, I do a final reboot of the phone. When it comes back up, I factory reset it. After factory resetting, it attempts to log into the provisioning server with the correct username, but it does not provide the password and cannot access the provisioning. If I remove the password requirement on the server, it works as intended. We cannot do that however, as this is security hole (not that FTP isn't bad already).

Is there a method to get this to work?

Regards,
Zach
Got this figured out. I utilized username and password in the server field as work around; I then downloaded the .bin file and installed it and it worked correctly. So the proper configuration to import into the phone prior to exporting the .bin file is the following:

Code:
static.auto_provision.server.url = https://<UN>:<PW>@<SERVER>.com:<PORT>/<FOLDERNAME>/

Upon factory reset I have it grab an updated configuration that contains the following values:

Code:
static.auto_provision.server.url = https://<SERVER>.com:<PORT>/<FOLDERNAME>/
static.auto_provision.server.username = <UN>
static.auto_provision.server.password = <PW>
auto_provision.reboot_force.enable = 1

This then provisions to the correct username/password combination and directory that you'd like it to pull from. The force reboot makes sure that the phone reboots upon successful provision of this file. After this, it grabs its' new configuration from it's proper directory.

The reason I adjusted it from putting the username:password in the URL instead is for readability; using the same format should still work, just don't set values for the the username and password fields.

For phones that are out in the field already, utilizing the following configurations should work, but keep in mind that you do have to have the file in place already for it to grab after a scenario of a factory reset. The following configurations do a factory reset of the phone to install the factory configuration file.

Code:
custom_factory_configuration.url = https://<UN>:<PW>@<SERVER>:<PORT>/<FOLDER>/config.bin

Customers that accidentally factory reset phones should be a thing of the past with this! Thanks for all of your guy's hard work with these phones!

Regards,
Zach
Reference URL's