Yealink Forums

Full Version: Beginner: T23G Account Setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Setting up a T23G to connect to an enterprise Cloud Hosted VOIP service, but not sure what to enter in the Account config fields. VOIP provider has given me a user name (name@anyphone.com), a password and maybe the sip server/host name... sip.anyphone.com ???

Question is, what do I enter in these fields:
1. Register Name
2. User Name (is it just the user prefix not including the domain name?)
3. Server Host

Is it the Register Name that I'm missing? or...??

Any help appreciated...thanks

David
Dear David,

Please do as follows:
1. connect your phone to the network.
2. press OK button to find the IP address
3. enter the IP address of the phone on web browser, the default username and password is admin/admin.
4. see attaced screenshot and fill in the username/password/register name/ server address as showing in RED mark.

After pressing confirm, phone will try to register to the server.
Please have a try and let me know the result.

Best Regards
Elaine
Hi Elaine,

Thanks, but maybe not quite that beginner... Smile

More information: This is not an on-premise solution, I'm trying to connect to OBT's hosted LYNC service at communicateanywhere.com.

My problem is that using LYNC client on a PC you only need to know the username (user@communicateanywhere.com) and password.

The questions are:

1. What should I use as the 'Register Name'? Do I need to ask OBT for a service Id number or can it be a derivation of the host name? or the full user name (user@communicateanywhere.com) ?

2. What exactly should I enter in the user name field? Is it just the user name prefix eg 'user' or is the full user name eg 'user@communicateanywhere.com'

3. Would it be correct/OK to put the Server Host as sip.communicateanywhere.com?

Many thanks
David
Hi David,

See answers below:
1. The "register name" should be provided by OBT. For some service prviders, register name is the same one with username. But for OBT, I am not sure. Better ask OBT.
2. At Username field, just "user" part, no need to fill in@ part.
3.Yes, at server host filed, fill in the whole address from OBT: sip.communicateanywhere.com

Try again and let me know the result.
Regards
Elaine
Reference URL's