Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46G and Server 2012 DHCP Policy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having trouble with a new DHCP scope I setup in Windows Server 2012r2. Not sure if it's a 3CX issue or a Yealink issue. We have 25 T46G's with an occasional Cisco. My primary concern is the T46G's.

Original workgroup network was 192.168.3.0/24. Recently changed to a domain with Server 2012r2 as DC/DHCP/DNS, on 10.1.1.0/8. At this point, the 3CX server remains at 192.168.3.200 as it was before the network change.

DHCP for most devices works fine. However, the Yealink phones cannot register with 3CX when they have a 10.x address, even though the DHCP scope is handing out option 66 with the provisioning URL from 3CX. Seems they can't register when the 3CX server is using a 192. address and the phones are on the 10. scope.

The box has a 2nd NIC, so I tried changing the internal IP used by 3CX to 10.1.1.6. So far, I have not gotten that to work.

Then I tried making a 2nd DHCP scope to issue 192.168.3.x addresses just to the phones, with a policy in this scope listing the first 6 digits of the Yealink MAC of 001565 with a wildcard appended (*) - like this 001565*. But that doesn't work either.

Any suggestions on how I can get Server 2012r2 to give Yealink phones (only Yealink phones, not other devices) a 192.168.3.x address? Or another approach I'm not thinking about?
Hi Lonnie,

Do you configure a vlan setting in the network?
Can you disable the LLDP feature in phone and check again.
And have you tried getting a pcap trace, does server reply a 200OK to phone register packet?

Regards,
James
Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
No, the network is flat, no vlan's.
I will try disabling the LLDP.
I am working on getting a PCAP now, 3CX support is also asking for that.
Thanks.
We are still having trouble. 3CX support has helped me narrow the issue down to something with our custom template. So I am thinking perhaps another approach is in order.

To refresh my issue, the problem is that when the T46G's get a DHCP IP in the 10. range, they cannot register with the PBX. When they have an address in the 192. range, all is good.

Idea #1 - So what I'd like to do is figure out how to have a 2nd DHCP scope in Windows Server 2012r2 that gives out 192. addresses only to the Yealink phones. Can someone help with how to do that? I've tried making a scope that serves addresses only to MAC's that begin with 001565, but that didn't work. I mean, none of the phones got a 192. address.

I'm new to DHCP in Server 2012r2, so any suggestions for how to accomplish this would be valued!

In the screenshot, I am not sure what the Values (In hex) should be. Does that mean 001565* (which has the wildcard appended)?

What about using a Client Identifier? What is that for Yealink phones?

Idea #2 - Also, I am wondering if I have the Option 66 string entered correctly. Perhaps that's why the phones can't register. In the Windows dialog, should this string: http://192.168.3.200:5000/provisioning/<CustomFolderName> have quotation marks around it, like this: "http://192.168.3.200:5000/provisioning/<CustomFolderName>" ?
Hi Lonnie,

Sorry for that I am not familar to this server.
But if you set up two different subnet in your network there should be a router from 192.x.x.x to 10.x.x.x and vice versa. Or the register packet from phone can't be delivered to server correctly. I think there are something should be configured in switch.

Regards,
James
(04-11-2015 05:34 AM)Yealink_James Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Lonnie,

Sorry for that I am not familar to this server.
But if you set up two different subnet in your network there should be a router from 192.x.x.x to 10.x.x.x and vice versa. Or the register packet from phone can't be delivered to server correctly. I think there are something should be configured in switch.

Regards,
James

Thanks. Any input on my "idea #2" above - correct syntax for DHCP option 66?
I had T46 working just fine with Server 2012r2 at my last job on a 10. address.
Strange issue for sure. Not sure how to setup a separate scope - and route it as well so the 3cx Phone for Windows on 10.x can communicate with the 3cx server on 192.x.
Reference URL's