Yealink Forums

Full Version: Mass config change with hosted VOIP provider
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am deploying several T46G phones onto a hosted PBX called Jive (http://www.jive.com). Jive offers a provisioning server which I think is definitely the best way to get the phones connected into that system.

However, I'd also like to be able to edit the phones' configuration all at once.

For example, I'd like to be able to upload a wallpaper image to all phones at once and perhaps make some tweaks to the soft keys. I know this would be possible if I had my own provisioning server, but is there any other way to make similar edits to multiple phones without individually logging into each one's web interface?

Thanks!
Chris
Hello Chris,

You can edit all your settings on the Common.cfg file and rename as y000000000028.cfg, then send this file to Jive to upload the provisioning server. After provisioning, all T46G phones will download the y000000000028.cfg file and apply the chagnes at once.

Thank you.
Regards,
Peter
(04-04-2015 10:45 AM)Yealink_Peter Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Chris,

You can edit all your settings on the Common.cfg file and rename as y000000000028.cfg, then send this file to Jive to upload the provisioning server. After provisioning, all T46G phones will download the y000000000028.cfg file and apply the chagnes at once.

Thank you.
Regards,
Peter

Thanks. I'll check to see if I can add a custom config file. If for some reason they don't allow that, is there any way to handle on the local network?
(04-04-2015 11:06 AM)charper Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-04-2015 10:45 AM)Yealink_Peter Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Chris,

Thank you.
Regards,
Peter

Thanks. I'll check to see if I can add a custom config file. If for some reason they don't allow that, is there any way to handle on the local network?
Hi Chris,

If you want to set on your local network, you should set up a server on your local side and upload the files to provision server.

Thanks.
Regards,
Peter
Reference URL's