Yealink Forums

Full Version: T26P & Asterisk 1.8.21.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

We just picked up 40 of these phones and deployed them, but we have having some issues that I am hoping we can clear up.

First off, which is the newest STABLE firmware for the T26P? I see two versions...
V70-UK 6.70.23.2 and 6.70.0.140 (Order was placed from netxusa.com)

The major issue we are having is with DHCP. I am using a Sonicwall TZ105 with the newest firmware with option 66 to supply the TFTP server to the phones. We are using a cisco SF300 48P to power the phones via PoE. For the most part this works fine... except if I were to reboot all the phones at once.

If that happens (usually because of config changes), the phones will get stuck at Obtaining an IP address and sit there indefinitely. Going into the sonicwall, the phones still have DHCP leases and should boot, but they dont. In order to fix it, I need to shut off power to the phones, delete the leases off the sonicwall, and return power to them, but only a few at a time. It's very strange.

Now because of this behavior, I figured that it must be the sonicwall... but we bridge the PC's behind the phones via the PC port, and devices behind the phone DHCP an address just fine, so it has to be the phones themselves which are getting choked up. I've tried many things, but I cannot seem to figure this one out. I ended up using statics on all the phones and that seems to be fine, but I would really like to use DHCP, especially because I am sure we will add new phones and I dont want to statically assign IP's and TFTP, its much easier to just plug them in.

The last issue I am having has to do with Call Parking. I setup a DSS key to use Call Park with the value of 70. On my polycoms, I am able to make a softkey for parking, when I press that, it will park the call and then tell me which extension the call is parked on, then hang up. On these phones, it seems to just blind transfer to 70 and hang up. The person who called in will then hear which parking lot they are now parked in.. which obviously doesn't make sense.

So with this behavior, I decided to change that DSS key to DTMF and then use ##70#... but I get the exact same behavior.

This issue seems to only happen to people using the yealinks. I have polycoms and grandstreams that work as intended. Press Park, the phone system reads back the parked number, and hangs up.

Any assistance is appreciated! I really want to like these phones, but these few bugs I am experiencing are making it difficult.

Thanks.
Did you every resolve your issue? Please read my issue at http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2524 and see if you can help me please.
Reference URL's