Yealink Forums

Full Version: Again Issues upgrading Firmware T46G
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have again Issues Upgrading T46G firmware

My Suppier gave me both Broadcom 28.71.188.x firmware Phones
and Non Broadcom 28.72.0.x firmware versions

For our 3CX PBX I want to use the 28.72.0.45 firmware, and this fgirmware only for now.

I learned how to disable te securtity certificates and Reset the firmware to factory Default. Still, i cannot put the required 28.72.0.45 firmware on to the phones: While upgrading it still whines about a wrong OEM version.

Given My supeer powers of deduction, I even tried to load the 28.73.193.45 on the Broadcom phones (guessing it isthe broadcom version of the 28.72.0.45 firmware)

So the question:
How can I reset the T46G phones, and make sure i can load any required ROM in them with out a 3rd party intervention (like lydis).
What's the current firmware version of the phone?
First T46G=
Firmware Version 28.72.188.4
Hardware Version 28.2.0.128.0.0.0

Second T46G=
Firmware Version 28.71.188.10
Hardware Version 28.2.0.128.0.0.0

These are the factory default firmwares of each device.
I tried to upgrade both, but both get the wrong oem version, as i wrote in the first post
From what I understand - firmware is locked. So, no change can be made. Call your supplier and tell them to give you unlocked hardware.
Thanks for the info Smile,

I whould htink htis is a shortkomming of Yealink,
As VAR I should be able to choose what firmware to load onto the devices, especially since our hardware supplier apprenetly is not to sharp on cheching the teype (broadcom or not) and firmware before deliviering.

I guess the next step is to go into a healily discussion wiht out supplier.
Reference URL's