Yealink Forums

Full Version: Can't upgrade T26P to V73
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a T26P that currectly has FW 6.70.13.9
I want to update it to the latest (international) V73 Firmware. I tried the Recovery ROMs but they won't take... I have done this successfully on the T38G range, but to my frustration this T26P wont upgrade.

I this a dealer locked FW and how do I go about upgrading it to the latest international firmware?

Thanks!
The 13 refers to a specific distributor... I would email support@yealink.com or support.usa@yealink.com for better help.
Hi,

You can try mailing Yealink, but as far as I know Yealink support can’t help you.
Once set to customize firmware it will always be locket and you are unable to go back to international firmware. Angry
You have to do business directly with the distributor or the shop where you bought the T26P.
I was only suggestion contacting support to figure out what firmware is installed... sounds like he may not know the distributor...
Thanks for the sugestions. I'll try to go the Yealink Support route because indeed I do not know the supplier, as I got this phone second hand.

It would be horrible service if a phone is hard linked to a distributor without an 'upgrade' path to the latest Yealink firmware... just saying. This is a Yealink branded phone, not a distributor rebranded phone. In the latter case I would completely understand. The actual firmware/distributor installed isn't advertised on the box either and as far as I know there is no online list linking the ditributor to the firmware versions.

I have been able to upgrade T38G with recovery software before, but I can't remember the original FW version they had. I have several Yealink models for test and evaluation purposes. This is the only one that is 'locked' Confused
Firmware is from Tiptel
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1445
Honestly I don't believe Yealink Support can provide you a solution.
I sent the mails to the distributor. I'm still hopeful to get this resolved though.

Maybe Yealink can answer this officially too though: Why are updates blocked on Yealink branded phone?
Politics and money, I suppose.

Dutch importers / distributors say this is to prevent grey(?) import.
Most worst is that the installed firmware is hopelessly running behind.
e.g. I have a W52P handset with customized firmware version 26.40.115.200 from Tiptel which cannot be upgraded to the latest international version 26.73.0.10
The firmware they provided is more than 1 year old and they have no newer one, they say.

Hope you are more lucky than I.
A nice tech support engineer from Tiptel Belgium replied to my question with a clear and easy procedure. He provided the steps to connect the phone to internet, reset factory settings and load the V72 by typing a special code. Once V72 was loaded, it could be upgraded to the international firmware!

Lydis NL also replied to the mail sent to Yealink, it seems they are in the process of translating the V73 firmwares. Not sure if I will be eligable for this firmware, but I'm happy to be on the international V73 now!
Reference URL's