Yealink Forums

Full Version: SIP INVITE Ghost/Bogus Calls - and Allow Direct IP Call settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

We have numerous customers who variously receive ghost/bogus calls on their Yealink phones due to SIP INVITE probing/flooding from others on the Internet.

It seems that setting "Allow IP Call" to DISABLED in the phone configuration UI under Features > General Information on a T46G will PREVENT these type of bogus / SIP invites. I've confirmed this by using an inviteflood tool.

Now that I can disable it on the web UI - how do I do this via the phone configuration files so that ALL of my phones can have this feature disabled? I cannot find this option in the user guide or looking at existing template configuration files, whether the common cfg or the phone specific cfg

Please note also that I have already tried using the option, account.x.sip_trust_ctrl=1, this option does not unfortunately prevent the bogus calls (not sure what it even does)

My questions are:

Which phone models and firmware revisions are needed for a phone to support the Allow IP Call = Disable

Looking for W52p, T21, T38, T42, T46 specifically - how to disable on these - and any differences in configuration each would require to disable this feature via cfg file.

Thank you for any assistance or insight anyone can provide.
Hi michael,

You can disable IP call through this parameter:

features.direct_ip_call_enable = 0

It work in T2x, T3x, T4x from V70. To W52P you have to upgrade phone to V73 firstly.

Regards,
James
I am but a lowly user with the tech knowledge of a network admin. We have a small office with three yea link t26 phones on firmware 6.60.72.1. Of three up phones in our office only mine is plagued with these ghost calls. Can you tell me if there are any simple steps that can be taken for me to stop those calls? My VoIP phone service provider told me to blacklist the calls, but there have been so many from so many numbers that my blacklist is full.

Any help would be appreciated.

That should have said "without the knowledge of a system admin". Sorry
Hi,

Please follow these steps:
1. Upgrade phone to V73 firmware.
2. Enable "Accept SIP trust server only" under Account-> Advanced.
3. Disable "Allow IP call" under Feature-> General Information.

How to upgrade phone:
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1420

Regards,
James
I wish this problem would go away but it keeps rearing its ugly head. We have disable direct IP calls and it still happens. It only seems to occur when there is only one Yealink behind a router. We have been using the setting of disallowing IP calls but it hasnt stopped.

We have little contol over the router as they are consumer routers.

Please come up with a solution like Grandstream
Hi,

1. Have you followed the steps James provided in previous post?

2. Please change the default “Local SIP Port” 5060 into e.g. 5070. Don’t forget to change “Port Forwarding” in the router too. I think this will solve the issue.

Quote:Please come up with a solution like Grandstream
What is the Grandstream solution? Huh
Hi Complex 1

1. I dont have the same second setting on our version of firmware. I will have to upgade all our phones, which is a daunting task without testing.
2. As mentioned we have no eyes into the router and there is no port forwarding.
3. I dont think we can use 5070 but again, that is a big hassle for us with our hundreds of yealink phones.
If you can’t or won’t change firmware or phone settings then it is hard to solve the issue.
If you have hundreds of phones I assuming you provisioning them. So changing port 5060 into 5070 can be done by changing the template and re-provisioning the phones. It is even possible to update the firmware by provisioning the phones.
But before doing this you can test this on a couple of phones before you re-provision all phones.
You have to do something...
Hi James

I have upgraded the firmware of a W52P to the latest base version of 25.73.0.27 available on the Yealink site, but there is still no "Allow IP Call" option under Feature-> General Information or "Accept SIP trust server only" under Account-> Advanced.

Please advise. We are a VoIP Provider that sells Yealink devices and this is quite an issue with our home based users. Especially those that we have to manually configure as they have no TFTP server onsite... We are in the process of implementing RPS in case you were wondering.

Regards
Dalton

(04-16-2015 09:16 AM)Yealink_James Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

How to upgrade phone:

Regards,
James
(05-06-2015 04:30 PM)Dalton Wrote: [ -> ]Hi James

I have upgraded the firmware of a W52P to the latest base version of 25.73.0.27 available on the Yealink site, but there is still no "Allow IP Call" option under Feature-> General Information or "Accept SIP trust server only" under Account-> Advanced.

Please advise. We are a VoIP Provider that sells Yealink devices and this is quite an issue with our home based users. Especially those that we have to manually configure as they have no TFTP server onsite... We are in the process of implementing RPS in case you were wondering.

Regards
Dalton

(04-16-2015 09:16 AM)Yealink_James Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

How to upgrade phone:

Regards,
James

I too have just upgraded to the latest Base and Handset firmware and do not have these options in the GUI.
Please advise!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's