Yealink Forums

Full Version: DNS or DDNS and Yealink phones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that the T20P and T22P phones have an issue with registering to a hostname if it changes IP addresses. For background we have a number of Cisco 303's, Linksys SPA941,942, SPA 8000, Grandstream HT502 and 503, and a few others. When using a hostname as the SIP server in the phone, it doesn't refresh the IP of the hostname. If I use sample.com and register the phone it will only stay on it until rebooted.

Lets say I need to move the phone from one server to another for maintenance but do not want it visible to the field. I change the DNS for the hostname to another IP. The DNS record is set to refresh every 90 sec. Within a few min all of my Cisco, Linksys, grandstream devices are now registered on the other server. I left a phone for more than 24 hours and it still will not move. The only way to seem to make it do anything is to down the server so that the WatchDog feature reboots it, then it resolves the DNS. I am using static IP's for these phones and for the other brands. Identical settings on all brands. This reacts the same with the older firmware and the new firmware. I also made sure that it is set to register every 60 sec. It does show that it registered 1234@example.com too. I can only suspect that the phone is resolving DNS that first time and never attempts to resolve it after that. How can this be fixed?
Hi Garfieldone,
Hope our DNS-SRV instruction can help you firstly.
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/document/U...545425.pdf
We do not use a weighting as we have never used the SRV records to do any of this. We change the A record to a different IP and all the other brand phones move. During every registration they do it by the SIP server name. If the ip of that server has changed it moves. We do this so that we will not have some phones jumping to an unexpected server if they have an issue in route to the first. We also always need all phones to stay on a single server only which is why the A record is changed.
Is there a plan to allow these to work like most other brands and it check the A record each time it registers?

(04-18-2013 03:38 PM)Yealink Support Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Garfieldone,
Hope our DNS-SRV instruction can help you firstly.
http://www.yealink.com/Upload/document/U...545425.pdf
Reference URL's