Yealink Forums

Full Version: One Way Voice!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We've just tried to use the t28p and are having problems! When a call comes in to the phone you are able to hear the person on the other end of the phone but they are unable to hear you. We have tried using the headset, handset and loud speaker and have the problem with all three.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
this is most likly something with your internet connection or a firewall issue on your network, do you have any other VoIP phone at this location which is working?
Thanks for the response.

Until this morning we only had the one Voip phone, Ive just set up another Voip phone (hoping i could get voice between the voip phones) but that is having the same problem.
are you connected directly to the internet or you have a router in bettween? if so which router are you useing?
The phones are connected to a POE switch which is then connected to our main switch (the main switch has the internet router connected to it)
I've managed to get voice between the SIP phones but not on the Digital to SIP
How is the topology setup? Is the server on the internet or local lan? From my experience it sounds as if the voice server is on the internet somewhere. What happens is that the firewall rules for one reason or another will filter out part of the traffic. This is the firewall on the router itself. Depending on how many phones will be on this network either those firewall rules need to be adjusted or turned off. Stateful Packet Inspection(common firewall technique on modems and routers) is also something that can accidentally filter it out.
Reference URL's