Yealink Forums

Full Version: Transfer using BLF key calls pickup code instead of number
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have set up a programmable key as follows:
- Type: BLF
- Value: 1234 (the number to monitor)
- Extension: *8 (pickup code)

The call status of the monitored number is displayed correctly and I can pick up incoming calls.

But if I do a transfer (press transfer, then the programmed BLF key), the phone initiates a transfer to the number *8 (pickup code) instead of the actual number 1234.
Goto Features -> Transfer.
What is Transfer Mode via DSS Key set to?
I haven't tested attended transfer mode, but the problem occurs both with blind transfer and new call mode.

In blind transfer mode I can press the button directly during the call and the phone tries to transfer to *8. This is not visible on the screen, but can be seen from the Asterisk log.

In new call mode, I have to press the transfer key first and then the BLF key. A message on the phone screen shows the failed call to *8. Pressing the same key without hitting the transfer button before works as expected (a new call starts).
Unfortunately I can not test for you... I have 3cx here at the office and the need for me to transfer rarely occurs.
With almost 100 people, our receptionist just transfers manually dialing the extensions.
the way I use mine is in blind transfer mode and then when I answer the phone and wantto transfer to a DSS key, i just press the button without first pressing transfer and the call is blind transferred there.. the same works for pressing transfer first.
are you using custom device states? where the system thinks the line you are transferring TO is ringing? is the DSS key you are transferring TO, flashing? or is it dark, or solid green?

Type: BLF
Value: 1234
Extension: *81234

-Christopher
That is interesting... on my Yealink T46 connected to 3cx - the extension value is only *20* (the pickup value) and not the extension.
Call-pickup works ok.

As far as transfer (testing for the first time)
Blind Transfer - does not work
Attended Transfer - dials *20* and that is it - not found
New Call - transfer then BLF doesn't work. just blf makes a new call

T46 is 28.73.0.45 which is not a supported Firmware for 3cx. I will have to test another supported device.
I just found out there's a global setting for the pickup code at Features > Call Pickup. I enabled Directed Call Pickup, set the code and removed the pickup code in the DSS key preferences.

Both call pick-up and transfers using the BLF keys seem to be working fine now (using new call mode on a T46G with latest firmware).
Reference URL's