Yealink Forums

Full Version: Screen does not always stay on during call
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have set the backlight timeout to 15 seconds, so the display turns off after that time.

When the phone is on the idle screen the screen turns off after 15 seconds as expected. Also, as one would expect, the screen doesn't normally turn off while a call is active.

However, in the following scenario, the screen does unexpectedly turn off even though a call is active:
  • Call someone
  • Transfer to a nonexistent extension (press transfer, some invalid number and hit OK)
  • Immediately receive callback from phone system (in my case Asterisk) because of failed transfer
  • Answer call
  • Wait 15 seconds
  • Screen turns off while call is active
(02-03-2015 01:42 AM)darkbulb Wrote: [ -> ]I have set the backlight timeout to 15 seconds, so the display turns off after that time.

When the phone is on the idle screen the screen turns off after 15 seconds as expected. Also, as one would expect, the screen doesn't normally turn off while a call is active.

However, in the following scenario, the screen does unexpectedly turn off even though a call is active:
  • Call someone
  • Transfer to a nonexistent extension (press transfer, some invalid number and hit OK)
  • Immediately receive callback from phone system (in my case Asterisk) because of failed transfer
  • Answer call
  • Wait 15 seconds
  • Screen turns off while call is active
Hello darkbulb,

May I know your phone firmware version? So we can try testing on our side to find the causing.
Does this issue occur every time as yoru scenario?
You can find your phone's latest firmware version from the central:http://www.yealink.com/SupportDownloadfi...7&flag=142, if your current firmware is old enough, please try upgrading to the latest one and test again.

Thanks.

Regards,
Peter
I am using a SIP-T46G running firmware version 28.73.0.45. The issue occurs every time in this scenario.
(02-03-2015 08:25 PM)darkbulb Wrote: [ -> ]I am using a SIP-T46G running firmware version 28.73.0.45. The issue occurs every time in this scenario.

Hello,

I tested on 28.73.0.45 and connect to 3CX or Broadsoft server, this issue never appears(when call is in active, screen always turns on, when inacitve, will turn off in 15 secons). Have you reset phone to factory test? or connect to another phone system?

Thanks.
Regards,
Peter
Reference URL's