Yealink Forums

Full Version: How to enable "second" dialtone on T42, T46G?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
we have been a huge user of Aastra / polycom phones in the past, however we are beginning to test Yealink T4x phones in the field with the intentions of switching to them. so far our results are very positive, except the biggest complaint we get is when they dial '8' or '9' for an outside line, they get silence and not the familiar second dialtone. we replace a LOT of legacy PBX's where this feature exists.. but I cannot figure out how to enable it on the Yealink phones. I have tried various combinations in my dialnow rules but unable to get any result.

on polycom, you would make a dialplan rule say:
9,18005551212 and after the user dialed a 9, they hear dialtone again until they dial the next digit (1 in this case).
all of the digits 918005551212 are sent to the SIP server.

on Aastra it is 9;18005551212 again dialtone is played after the '9'.

how can I accomplish on the yealink T4x and T2x phones?
-Christopher
Hi Christopher,

Go to Feature-> Audio, fill 9 into Redial Tone filed. Then when you click 9 you will hear a second dial tone.
You can fill a single digit or multiple.

Regards,
James
thanks for the Quick reply! this works perfectly, except how i can put multiple numbers in?

we use these in the admin (and guestroom) positions of Hotels.. where it is common for a user to dial '8' for Long distance and '9' for Local calls..

of course we put the '8' and / or '9' in our dialnow rules so the calls complete, but the redial tone, only way to inout 8 or 9 but not 8 and 9 without requiring the user dial '89'.

is there a field i nthe provision file which we can have 2 redial tone digits?
-Christopher
Currenlty it's not supported, only one redial tone rule can be configured. I will send the request to our product dept and they may consider it in future firmware.

If you request the feature urgently please send it to your distributor.

Regards,
James
(02-02-2015 09:48 AM)Yealink_James Wrote: [ -> ]Currenlty it's not supported, only one redial tone rule can be configured. I will send the request to our product dept and they may consider it in future firmware.

If you request the feature urgently please send it to your distributor.

Regards,
James

that would be great to request it.. we are a reseller and looking to replace our current aastra admin phones with the Yealink product.
-Christopher
Reference URL's