Yealink Forums

Full Version: BLF on DSS key flashing constantly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys

I have a weird problem in a 14 T46G handset installation whereby 3/4 of the handsets have a their DSS keys flashing constantly. These are set up as BLF to other extensions. When the user presses the flashing DSS key the extension that is configured appears twice. So for example if the DSS key is configured for extension 237, when the DSS keys starts flashing and the user presses the key, 237237 is dialled.

This leads me to think something is overwriting the DSS config on the handset. I don't know what though as it happens randomly and not all users are affected.

Sometimes it just goes away, the status light turns off, then after a few seconds turns green as normal.

If the extension is ringing it still stays flashing. If the extension starts and finishes a call, it stays flashing.

I need to reboot the handset for it to clear, which is not good.

Anyone else experience this?
What PBX Are you connecting to?
Check the DSS Key setup in the Webgui.
What is in Value and what is in Extension?
Hi Craig

I am using FreePBX, using auto provisioning via tftp. example DSS key config:-

linekey.3.label = Someones Name
linekey.3.line = 1
linekey.3.pickup_value = 225
linekey.3.type = 16
linekey.3.value = 225

Therefore for each unique BLF configured the only values that are changed are .label, .pickup_value and .value. All 10 DSS keys are configured from the MAC.cfg file for every handset. The first DSS key configured for a queue login, the second for group pickup and the rest are BLFs for other extensions.

Cheers

Scott
I think the pickup value should not be same as value.
What is the pickup code on FreePBX?

I think ** - so that should be in Pickup value.
Hi Craig

I'll try the ** prefix in the .pickup_value field. I have a 24 handset installation that is configured the same way and it has worked flawlessly, its just a few handsets at this recent installation.

Thanks for the pointer, I'll get the end user to test on Monday.

Cheers

Scott
I am on t46's and the pickup value has my 3cx pickup value of *20* in it and not the extension.

From 3cx template - notice pickup_value and extension are both the *20* and the value is the extension #.
Hope this helps you. I would try on one device manually to see.

linekey.10.line = %%Line%%
linekey.10.value = %%blf8%%
linekey.10.pickup_value = %%PickupValue%%
linekey.10.type = %%DKtype%%
linekey.10.label = %%blffirstname8%% %%blflastname8%%
linekey.10.extension = %%PickupValue%%
Hi Craig

Putting the ** prefix in the .pickup_value field didn't work, sadly. I notice you have an extra field .extension, my MAC.cfg file doesn't and I haven't seen that field in any example cfg files either, strange. So you think it should be *20* instead of **ext#?

I'll give it a go and let you know.

Cheers

Scott
After some more work I realized this didn't work - so I am not sure why the tmeplate is designed this way.
I noticed there is a directed pickup value in Features -> Call Pickup. Here I add my pickup code.
Then in the DSS I have the same value in both fields.
This seems to be working now.
Not sure why 3cx has the template setup like this.
Hi Scott,

Yes, please check the setting under Feature-> Call Pickup. Do you configure a value in this interface?
If yes, please delete them and check again. If you have configured a pickup code in dsskey then you needn't to set a value here.

Regards,
James
Hi Guys

I have nothing set in Features->Call Pickup.

Craig, so you are basically saying that the settings I had originally (post 3) are correct, ie. the same data in .value and .pickup_value?

As I said in my original post, this works in the majority of handsets at this site. Its just a few that are exhibiting this behaviour.

Cheers

Scott
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's