Yealink Forums

Full Version: T4xG VPN to Watchguard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

did anyone get theese devices connected?
I tried several settings in the box, but unfortunately
I didn't get a connection from a T42G or T46G to my
XTM Watchguard (Version 11.9.4 )

I saw several error messages:

TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

TLS Error: TLS object -> incoming plaintext read error

TLS_ERROR: BIO read tls_read_plaintext error: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

VERIFY nsCertType ERROR: /O=WatchGuard_Technologies/OU=Fireware/CN=Fireware_SSLVPN_Server, require nsCertType=SERVER

VERIFY OK: depth=1, /O=WatchGuard_Technologies/OU=Fireware/CN=Fireware_SSLVPN__SN_V1C5000000000_2014-04-06_16:16:09_GMT__CA

TLS: Initial packet from 1.2.3.4:444, sid=c85c67bc fadb0671

TCPv4_CLIENT link remote: 1.2.3.4:444

TCPv4_CLIENT link local: [undef]

TCP connection established with 1.2.3.4:444

(I changed the correct IP above)

Any suggestions to get it working?
Are you trying to get the VPN client on the phone its self to connect to the Watchguard SSL?

If so that is a very interesting idea. Never thought of trying that but i would be very interested in if this would work.
Hi tsukraw,

yes, why not? The Watchgaurd supports openssl. If you connect to the box (htttps://<yourwatchgaurdip>:<theportyou confured>/sslvpn.html) your can login to a webinterface, where you can download the openssl config file. If you take a look at the configuration file you'll find the CA, the CERT and the KEY.
At this moment, I figured out the following things, beside extracting the certificates and the key to separate files - CERT and KEY files has to be named to ext_<extension>.CRT and EXT_<extension>.KEY, it is necessary to crate an auth.txt (maybe this has also to be named auth_<extension>.txt, I didn't test it up to now) file with username and Password ( I saw this anywhere else in one posting). But I didn't get through, the VPN didn't came up. I set up a syslog server to get some more information from the phone and there I got the error messages, I posted before.
I have several customers, which will be happy if I will solve this.
Reference URL's