Yealink Forums

Full Version: What is the difference between "New call"and "Attended transfer" options.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the first view there is no any obvious difference between those options. In both cases the phone behaves in the same way when the DSS key is pressed. On the display first I see "Transfer to" where I have to wait for dial timeout or press the "Transfer" softkey to place the call. Here is one more difference with T2x models. On T2x phones pressing a DSS key makes a call immediately without waiting for a timeout.
Can someone explain please?
Thanks.
Hello,
1.Do you mean on your phone, you configured one DSS key as Transfer?
2.And in the webpage-Phone-Features-Transfer Settings-Transfer Mode via DSSkey
There are three options: New Call, Attended Transfer, Blind Transfer
3.Actually this setting is the same both on T3x and T2x phones with V70 firmware.
4.You can select Attended Transfer if you don't want to wait for dial timeout and press Transfer softkey.
5.The difference between New Call and Attended Transfer is, when you select New Call, you can change the number that you want to transfer to, you can press delete to delete the number and enter another number. While if you select Attended Transfer, the call can be only be transfered to the number that you configured in the DSS key.
Hello Yealink support,

Thank you for the explanation, now it's clear. But T2x don't behave as T3x regarding the "New Call" and "Attended transfer" options. On T2x(firmware v.70) the phone doesn't wait for dial timeout to transfer the call when the DSS key is pressed. No matter which setting is used "New Call" or "Attended transfer".

Regards,
Aram.
Hi Aram,
Oh yes, you are correct, i think we will make it the same in our next commercial firmware. Smile
Reference URL's