Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46 and 3CX Auto Answer issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Shawn - have you tried the workarounds?
1 option is to turn off CTI mode on the receptionist phone.
1 option is to change the config file to disable the answer feature.
Turning off CTI mode prevents the Operator from managing the calls on the phone. She would have to go to a headset attached to the computer and would lose use of the Park buttons on the phone requiring retraining. This is a possibility we're considering but is not desired by the client.

Can you give me a little more info on the config file option? Are you talking about the phones web interface or the 3CX provision template? And specifically what would I change?

And by the way, in a ticket I've opened with 3cx on this issue they've spent a lot of words explaining that this is not a bug but a limitation on the phone design and that Nicky never has said it was bug.

Here's what they had to say:

"on this post a user mentioned that Nicky foung a bug, but there is no statement of Nicky saying something like that. On the previous post that I pointed, I think Nicky made everything clear with an official statement as per 3cx manual, that this is not supported."

and from a previous message in the ticket thread:

"Nicky is the Product Manager of 3cx and on the post ( http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthrea...430&page=2 ) is nowhere mentioned something about a bug as you declare.
Nicky 's comment is the following :

To appreciate the challenges of this feature, first you have to understand the underlying technology around the features which are used. CTI and Simultaneous calls cannot go hand in hand together. This is why 3CX states that CTI should be used with 1 call only and not with the phone configured to accept multiple simultaneous calls.
Yes this is by design. The correct implementation to support multiple sim calls requires the support of a new communication protocol which is an advanced version of CTI - this is called CSTA. CSTA is a feature which has to be provided by the Phone manufacturer first. Then it can be used as a CTI replacement.

And if you continue reading the post is is clear as per Nicky 's clarifications that having more than one calls activated with CTI is not supported with capital letters. "

And if I do change the auto-answer setting will the phone still ring(call waiting tone) when another call is ongoing?
When I check the phone's web interface under Account/Basic it shows Auto Answer as Disabled. Is that the setting you're referring to?
Using T46G I have multicast paging setup and it is working , but is there a way to auto answer just paging calls?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's