Yealink Forums

Full Version: EHS36 with T46G & Plantronics Savvi 740
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help out here please? I've trawled through the forum and it appears my setup is correct but for some reason it's still not working for me.
  1. Is the use of the EHS36 supposed to allow answering of the call via the Plantronics headset, even if a short distance from my desk/phone?
  2. If so, for some reason I am unable to get this working. As far as I can tell from the EHS36_User_guide_v1.3.PDF I am connected correctly but the only way I can answer calls is by using the T46G handset or soft keys and/or then 'transferring' to the headset.

My setup is:
T46G RJ12 cord EXT -> EHS36, 3.5mm EHS36 -> Plantronics 3.5mm jack port.
T46G RJ11 cord (Plantronics) from Headset port -> Plantronics phone port

Depending on if the 'Headset' button on the T46G is lit or not will depend on if I can use the soft keys to answer and hear in the headset or if I need to pickup and 'transfer'.

Additionally this means I cannot end the call remotely from the headset either.

So far this box seems to defeat the purpose of having the 'handsfree' ability of this system and from what I've seen previously a mechanical lifter would have been better.

Any assistance appreciated.
Hi PeterR,

So you can hear or speak throgh headset but can't do a remote control?
May I know have you tried using the headset in other device like PC? If yes it might be a 3.5mm DC Jack problem.

Can I know the SN number of the EHS36 and where are you from?

Regards,
James
Hi James,
Yes, I couldn't do remote control using the headset.
After reading your message (to humour myself) I tried reversing the 3.5mm cable and it is now working!! I've left it for several days now and it's still OK,even after moving the phone items on my desk, so I don't think it is a faulty cable. So I have no idea why that would work compared with all the other plugging and unplugging combinations. Surely the cord wasn't always not plugged in correctly and it wouldn't matter which direction it was plugged.

So now it doesn't matter if the headset button on the phone base is lit green or not either. I can use the headset to answer and disconnect the call with any combination now.
Cheers,
PeterR
Reference URL's