Yealink Forums

Full Version: W52P Crashing (memory leak?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a number of W52P cordless phones with clients. They are running firmware 25.73.0.20 - which I believe is the latest version.

It appears that after some time - several weeks or so, many of them appear to crash. The device remains pingable, but the internal website doesn't respond and there are no SIP registrations. The only way to bring it back is to power cycle the basestation.

I am not sure if this is a memory leak and the device eventually crashes, or if it is something else.

I am wondering if anyone else has seen this? We will get around the issue by instituting a nightly reboot. However is there any information that I can gather to help diagnose the underlying issue.
Hi DAMO,

When the problem happen if you press paging button will handsets ring?

For an analysis can you export phone syslog to a log server? Go to web interface-> Phone-> Configuration, set the syslog level to 6 and fill an ip address of log server. When the problem happen stop the log server and send log file to us.

You can use 3CDaemon software as a syslog server.

Thanks,
James
We just went down on site to check a phone that was exhibiting the issue.

The basestation was unable to page the handsets (nothing happened when you pressed the button). Also from the handsets, while they could see the basestation (as in signal strength), however whenever anything tried to query the basestation (e.g. IP address) it timed out.

One thing that may be an related is that we think all the handsets that are exhibiting issues may be on POE, rather than using the regular powersupply.

I will go ahead and put syslogs on all them and see what we find.

Damian

(01-08-2015 10:45 AM)Yealink_James Wrote: [ -> ]Hi DAMO,

When the problem happen if you press paging button will handsets ring?

For an analysis can you export phone syslog to a log server? Go to web interface-> Phone-> Configuration, set the syslog level to 6 and fill an ip address of log server. When the problem happen stop the log server and send log file to us.

You can use 3CDaemon software as a syslog server.

Thanks,
James
Hi James,

I have turned on syslog for all our W52P phones (around 45 of them). However due to the amount of logging data and our expectation that the fault with take a month or so to reproduce (given that turning on logging reboots the phones), I have set the log server to only keep the last 5 days of data on each phone. I hope that will be sufficient.

On another point, it does not appear to be related to POE after all - a few phones on normal power supplies have done it.

Damian
Hi Damian,

Thanks for the update. Yes, 5 days syslog will be sufficient.

BTW, may I know will the problem happen at a same time to all W52P?

Regards,
James
Hi James,

No it doesn't happen at the same time - however it does seem to be at least a week or soon since a reboot that the issue occurs.

This morning we actually had the first two fail on us. I have the log files for them. Should I email them somewhere or attach them here? One is 12Mb, the other is 8Mb (zipped).

Damian

(01-09-2015 10:07 AM)Yealink_James Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Damian,

Thanks for the update. Yes, 5 days syslog will be sufficient.

BTW, may I know will the problem happen at a same time to all W52P?

Regards,
James

I tried to email the files through the forum, but I exceeded the message size :-)
Hi, you can mail to James@yealink.com.
Hi James,

We are still experiencing this issue - even with the latest 25.73.0.40 firmware. Did your analysis yield any results?

What more information (logging etc) would you need to kick this problem up the chain?

Damian
Reference URL's