Yealink Forums

Full Version: Possible to do blind transfer with transfer button?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
During a call, I push a blf key and it immediately does a blind transfer. That is good.

If, however, I push the "Transfer" button on the phone and then dial the 3-digit extension, it does an attended (or semi-attended) transfer, not a blind transfer. How can I make it do a blind transfer for that (WITHOUT pushing the transfer button again after dialing the extension)? I ask because once you type in the extension, you have to wait for it to start ringing before you hang up. If you don't want for it to start ringing before you hang up, it doesn't complete the transfer and it puts the call on hold.

Pushing the transfer button twice (once before the extension and then again once after the extension) obviously works, but it is not ideal.

When you push transfer and then dial the extension, I want it to immediately do a blind transfer. Is there somewhere I can change the behavior of the transfer button?
You can press "#" button after extension number then "transfer" button.
for example- - transfer->1001->#->transfer
(01-05-2015 05:50 AM)kapetrosyan Wrote: [ -> ]You can press "#" button after extension number then "transfer" button.
for example- - transfer->1001->#->transfer

No, the # key simply makes the phone start the call... if you then hang up before it starts ringing it still does not complete the transfer.

The dial-now timeout set to 0 or 1 pretty much eliminates the need for using the # key anyway. Once it starts calling, it takes another second or so before you hear the ringback, and only then can you hang up .. otherwise the transfer does not complete.
Hi,

About your question, whether the function you want is “Blind Transfer On Hook” ?
For example- - Transfer -> 101 -> Hang up. Then 101 ringing, finish blind transfer.

If this is what you want, you can change the configuration like this:
Login the website of your phone -> Features -> Transfer -> Change “Blind Transfer On Hook” to “Enable” -> Confirm

If there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thank you.

Best Regards
(01-05-2015 03:16 PM)Yealink_Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

About your question, whether the function you want is “Blind Transfer On Hook” ?
For example- - Transfer -> 101 -> Hang up. Then 101 ringing, finish blind transfer.

If this is what you want, you can change the configuration like this:
Login the website of your phone -> Features -> Transfer -> Change “Blind Transfer On Hook” to “Enable” -> Confirm

If there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Yes, I want what you wrote. I found after trying what you wrote is that it works if dial-now timeout is 2 but it does not work if dial-now timeout is 0 (or if dial-now is 2 but you take too long to hang up the phone)

So, is there a way to make Transfer ignore the dial-now timeout? Or to make the Transfer immediately do a blind transfer when it matches a dial-now rule instead of dialing?

On a slightly related note, is there a way to give different dial-now rules have different timeout values?
Hi,

1.If we set dial-now timeout = 0, as long as you finish enter number will dialing, and the transfer will become semi-attended transfer.
It means phone will dialing as long as it reach the dial-now timeout, except hang up before timeout.
So I am sorry that transfer can not ignore the dial-now timeout.
We suggest you set dial-now timeout = 1s, it will balance the two requests of you.

2.In the present and history version of our phone, there is no different timeout values for different dial-now rules, there is only one timeout value for all dial-now rules.
Could you please tell us the application scenarios?
(01-07-2015 04:56 PM)Yealink_Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

1.If we set dial-now timeout = 0, as long as you finish enter number will dialing, and the transfer will become semi-attended transfer.
It means phone will dialing as long as it reach the dial-now timeout, except hang up before timeout.
So I am sorry that transfer can not ignore the dial-now timeout.
We suggest you set dial-now timeout = 1s, it will balance the two requests of you.

2.In the present and history version of our phone, there is no different timeout values for different dial-now rules, there is only one timeout value for all dial-now rules.
Could you please tell us the application scenarios?

On #1
If you dial the number and then immediately hang up with timeout=0 (or push # if timeout is greater than 0), it puts the call on hold instead of transfer because the call to the other phone isn't yet ringing. If you wait to hear the remote side ringing and then hangup, it transfers properly.

On #2
For example, consider the following two dial-now rules:

[2-9]XXXXXX (7 digit local number)

[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXXX (10 digit long distance number)

With timeout=0, you cannot dial a 10-digit number because the 7-digit rule gets matched while you are dialing the 10-digit number and immediately tries to dial as a 7-digit number.

If you could specify timeouts per dial-now rules, you could do this:

[2-9]XXXXXX (7 digit local number) timeout=2
that would give a chance to put in more numbers

[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXXX (10 digit long distance number) timeout=0

911 (emergency) timeout = 0

2XX (internal extension) timeout = 0
Hi Jfields,

Thanks for the suggestion. We have recorded it and will suggest to our product dept.
Right now we recommend not setting the timeout to 0.

Regards,
James
Reference URL's