Yealink Forums

Full Version: p22 phone not taking firmware upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two Yealink phones that I use for my home business. They are both p22 models. I recently updated one phone successfully to 7.70.0.130 but was unable to with the other. I go through the same motions, the webpage says that it's upgrading and not to power the phone off, but the upgrade never actually happens. I am able to successfully update other things with this stubborn phone, like information found in the Accounts 1-3. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Hello,
1.So you upgrade the phone via auto provisioning?
2.What's the firmware you upgrade from?
3.Did you try to reset to factory default?
4.Could you send me your cfg file for auto provisioning, so i can test at my side?
Hello,
It's strange, i tried here with several phones, but didn't reproduce the issue, I suggest these two solution:
1. Try to upgrade other firmware, actually now our latest firmware is 7.70.0.140, you can try to upgrade to this firmware and see.
ftp://yealinkftp:yealinkftp@ftp.yealink.....0.140.rom
2. Try to upgrade the phone by recovery mode, you can refer to attached instruction.
Sorry, please check my reply as above. I modified your reply incorrectly. Smile
(03-28-2013 02:58 AM)nestsman Wrote: [ -> ]I have two Yealink phones that I use for my home business. They are both p22 models. I recently updated one phone successfully to 7.70.0.130 but was unable to with the other. I go through the same motions, the webpage says that it's upgrading and not to power the phone off, but the upgrade never actually happens. I am able to successfully update other things with this stubborn phone, like information found in the Accounts 1-3. Any ideas?

I had a similar experience. It turns out Yealink phones have a time since login timer and won't accept a firmware update unless you have entered your login credentials recently. You need to logout of the Web UI completely or use a different web browser to login, then try the update again. Enjoy!

--
Phone Call Wizard for Hire. Phone Amego: The Missing Mac Telephony Bridge
http://www.sustworks.com/pa_guide/index.html
Reference URL's