Yealink Forums

Full Version: Remote name lookup for incoming calls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all

We are using your phones ( T46 / T48 ) in combination with 3CX.

What we need to achieve is a remote name Lookup for incoming calls. Sounds simple right?

I was trying three different ways:

1. Using Action URL

We got a Webserver running which is taking a $_GET parameter with the number and returning an XML MessageText according to your documentation ( Yealink_IP_Phones_XML_Browser_Developer's_Guide_V72_2.pdf ).

The action URL is configured for incoming calls. The request is made successfully, and by a look into the wireshark log we also see that the XML response gets back to phone. But nothing is happen at all.

So my question about this: Are Action URL Calls just broadcasts?

If we set the same script on a button, we get the XML Browser Loaded up and working.

2. Using Action URL in combination with Action URI

Due to the fact that your phones aren't processing the response from the Action URL call by themselves, we extend our webservice and send an Action URI like this:

2.a Incoming Call -> Phone makes AURL -> api.php?callerID=016658454&phoneID=202
2.b Server query's caller name and build XML MessageText package
2.c Server makes AURI to the phone -> Send XML to phone

Now you expect that on the phone you get the XML Text displayed with the caller name. But nope, you get the box as soon as you hung up the phone.

Question here, can you force with an Action URI the phone to display the XML even when the phone is in the state of an incoming call?

3. Using remote XmlPhoneBook
The last thing I tried was to set a remote XmlPhoneBook like server/phonebooks/202.xml

So every phone gets this own phonebook, and we create this one on the fly server side.

3.a Incoming Call -> Phone makes AURL -> api.php?callerID=016658454&phoneID=202
3.b Server stores the caller number & name in a database
3.c Phone looks in the remote phonebook for the number and because the remote XML Phonebook is created dynamically on the fly, I always find the one entry in the XML and that's the one calling me right now.

Here is another problem, the phone isn't looking remote instead the remote XML phonebook is cached locally. So this way isn't working either.

As you see we tried hard and have been quit creative in the way we thought it should be possible.

But there seems to be no way, or are we missing something?

The reason for this is, that we are building a webservice which is connected to different phonebook services.

Greetings and happy X-Mas u all!
subscribing to this one...
Hi,

Firstly please go to phone web UI-> Feature-> Remote control, fill "any" in "push xml server ip address" filed, fill "any" in "Action URI allow list" filed and set the "Block xml in calling" to disable.

1. If you push the XML message to phone via a POST please try a php file defined by Yealink. You can find information about "push XML" in page 74 of XML guide.

I attach all php file sample.

2. Phone should be able to display XML in calling status, can you send me the action URI you use? You can directly send an action URI via web browser and check whether phone display it in calling status.

3. Yes, phone will download the remote phonebook to it's cache and do a search in the cache.
I notice that our R&D plan to develop a remote search method with a remote phonebook link like "http://XXXXXXX/?name=#SEARCH" in some specific T46G/T48G firmware but don't sure when it will be finished.

Regards,
James
Hi James

Thank you very much for the support. I don't got the time to try out this steps this year, but I get back to this thread and share my experience with you guys after my holidays Angel

Happy x-Mas all!
James - would be nice to have a lookup to OpenCNAM or similar. Let users provide the account and pay for the lookups.
Hi Craig,

Do you mean that integrate this API to phone or PBX?
I register an account and view some doc but may I know what's the advantange of this API?
I think more users are unwailling to pay for a caller ID lookup? Since it can be finished by remote phonebook/LDAP/PBX server.

Regards,
James
Remote phonebook/LDAP/PBX server can not fulfill a CNAM lookup. It can fulfill a local lookup for members of your company. But allowing a CNAM Lookup allows me to have Caller ID Name when my provider does not have it.
Open CNam is just one example - and very inexpensive.
https://www.opencnam.com/

I would expect the programming needed for this by Yealink could be simple (Although I am a programmer, I do not know about the Yealink codebase).
Hey James

Happy New Year Cool

I had the time to check everything again this morning. I got everything in place, but still I don't get the Text displayed while the phone is ringing.

Also when I pick up the phone I don't see the text, but right after I hung up I get the screen.

I added my files, the settings of the t46 and a picture of how it should look like.

If the phone is on idle mode and I run the manual_Test.php I get the screen.

Really hope to get it done with your support.
Hi James

Today I gave the 28.73.0.45 firmware a try. But now I don't get the Text displayed at all. Not even after I hung up or stop calling.

What still is working is the manual Test when the phone is completely in idle state.

Greetings
Hey James, anything you can provide as a working solution?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's