Yealink Forums

Full Version: LDAP Incoming CallerID Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LDAP directory searching is working great but incoming calls are not. In ldap our phone numbers will have any of the following:

dashes
dots
spaces
none of the above

If there are dashes, dots or spaces it will not display the name on incoming calls. If the number has none of those such as xxxxxxxxxx it displays the number fine.

Is there any way to get it to be able to search all of those even if the incoming number is xxxxxxxxxx?

Thank you.
We will confirm whether the phone can support this format, any update we will let you know.
This is a limitation of the LDAP Search based on a prior conversation I had with a Yealink Support Engineer.

I actually agree with the outcome. Otherwise, the query would pull all records from LDAP, then the phone would have to strip the erroneous characters and do a match. This would cause a lot of overhead on the phone. We have - in our phone numbers because we use them in Exchange for automated email signatures.

Your best bet is to write a program/script to query everything in LDAP daily and write it to a phonebook style that Yealink can read.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<XXXIPPhoneDirectory clearlight="true">
  <Title>Phonelist</Title>
  <Prompt>Prompt</Prompt>
  <DirectoryEntry>
    <Name>Jack Box</Name>
    <Telephone>4805551212</Telephone>
  </DirectoryEntry>
</XXXIPPhoneDirectory>

I read the existing phonebook (from 3cx Extension list). Add my LDAP Mobile Numbers. Sort it alphabetically. Save as a new file. That new file is programmed as my Yealink Phonebook.
Hi cfdfireman,
Please try to use below syntax to check if it can solve this issue:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ldap.name_filter = (|(cn=%)(sn=%)(telephoneNumber=%)(mobile=%))
ldap.number_filter = (|(telephoneNumber=%)(mobile=%))
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this issue!
Reference URL's