Yealink Forums

Full Version: Anonymous call configuration (local or server)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying T42G with v73 Broadsoft version.
testing anonymous call I observed that it does not work as I expected. I can set anonymous call but it changes locally, there is another option that is send code. This implementation is confused for the end user, why not a simple implementation like in W52?
There is an option that can be set, by config file, to indicate if feature is local or on the server, in this way user just have to chose enable or disable anonymous call.
I use account.x.anonymous_call_mode = 1.
Is this option available on T2x/T4xG models?

Thank you.
Hi, I am trying to solve the same issue here:

http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2864

It works fine with W52, but it won't work with T4x series as it appears they have removed it. Even they have it mentioned in manual, the real situation is different. I was trying to make it work using cfg file, as the option is missing on the Web interface. I must say the feature is buggy. It can send the code activation if you activated "send_anonymous_code", but you cannot do anything then. The menu of the phone let you to change it only for local anonymous. This feature is basically missing in V73 and you can only dial codes to have it enabled/disabled on the server.
Hi Ammcosta/David,

This option is only removed in Broadsoft version.
It's recommended using XSI to synchronize the anonymous but feature code with Broadsoft server.
If you have configured XSI then phone will automatically synchronize the anonymous status to server.

Regards,
James
Hi James,

That is what I thought, but I have tried non Broadsoft version 29.73.0.16 as well and the feature is still not there. Please advise.

Cheers
David
Hi David,

Can you do a facotry reset and check again?

Regards,
James
Hi James,

I have factory reset the phone couple of times. Still cannot see the features.

Cheers
David
When you go to account-> Advanced-> SIP Server Type, can you see Broadsoft option?
If yes the broadsoft feature must be enabled. You can disable it through autoprovision:

bw.enable = 0

Is there autoprovision server set in your environment? The broadsoft feature is disabled by default in 29.73.0.16.
Regards,
James
Thanks James, yes it worked as you described.

Cheers
David
Reference URL's