Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46G sound problem, interruptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone.

I have sound problems with a YEALINK T46G connected on an Asterisk 1.2.18 (Trixbox).
With external conversations it comes briefly again to short voice dropouts.

The other devices on the asterisk are only Snom360/370, and the sound problem occurs only on the Yealink T46G.
As codec we used alaw.

We would like to use the Yealink as substitute devices for the Snom, but with this problem we can't use in a production environment.

Is there anything I can do about the drop outs?

Thank you very much.
Hi Cargotrans,

Do you mean that when making/receiving a call from external there will be a voice loss at the begin of call?

What's the firmware you are using?
Please upgrade to latest fimware and do a reset then check again.

If the problem persist can you get a pcap trace? Connect a PC to phone PC port, enable the "Span to PC" under network-> Advanced, reprodue the issue and get a pcap trace.

Regards,
James
(11-21-2014 03:34 PM)Yealink_James Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Cargotrans,

Do you mean that when making/receiving a call from external there will be a voice loss at the begin of call?

What's the firmware you are using?
Please upgrade to latest fimware and do a reset then check again.

If the problem persist can you get a pcap trace? Connect a PC to phone PC port, enable the "Span to PC" under network-> Advanced, reprodue the issue and get a pcap trace.

Regards,
James

Hi James,

no not at the begining of a call, it is during a call, come short voice interruptions.

I am using the latest firmware 28.72.0.45.

Starting a pcap trace during the last external call, i add here.

Thank you for help.

Guenter
Hi Cargotrans,

The voice in the pcap trace last a short time(less than 10s) and there is no an apparent voice interruption can be heard.
Cause the phone can only record a trace less than 500KB I guess that the phenomenon is not inlucded in this file. Can you connect a computer to phone PC port and enable the "Span to PC" under network->Advanced then capture another pcap trace through PC.

And please also export a level 6 syslog(set the level to 6 before reproducing the problem).

BTW, may I know will the problem happen in every external call?

Regards,
James
Hi James,

can you describe step-by-step what to do for a pcap trace through a local PC.
I only find the export-button in the web-interface.
Thank you very much.

The interruption are on any external call (over ISDN), not in internal calls (over SIP) and occurs only on the Yealink, not in the other snom extensions.

Regards,
Günter
Hi Günter ,

Pleae follow these steps:
1. Upgrade phone to V73 and check whether the problem persist.

ftp://yealinkftp:yealinkftp@ftp.yealink....3.0.16.rom

2. If yes, plese connect a PC to phone PC port.
3. Install a Wireshark software in the PC. You can get it in internet.
4. Login phone web interface and enable the "Span to PC" under Network-> Advanced.
5. Set the syslog server level to 6 under Setting-> Configuration.
6. Start the wireshark and reproduce the problem.
7. After the problematic call, export the pcap trace, level 6 syslog and configuration file. We will have a check.

Thanks
James
Reference URL's