Yealink Forums

Full Version: Intercom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can Yealink do a Intercom (Speakerphone to Speakerphone - 2 way Audio? We have it working with the Asterisk feature codes, but there is a huge delay compared to Multicast paging.

Can you make an Intercom Multicast with separate users to have 2 way audio?
Hi elementpbx,

I will record the request. But since we don't receive such a request before and it seems that the feature is not used too much it may not be considered to add to phone quickly.

Generally I think an intercom through PBX won't take too much time? I think one or two seconds is enough?

Regards,
James
(11-12-2014 07:25 AM)elementpbx Wrote: [ -> ]Can you make an Intercom Multicast with separate users to have 2 way audio?

Think for a second... how would that even work?? Mutlicast paging works because it's a one-way audio stream. Phone A begins transmitting it's audio to the entire Multicast group, and anyone is free to listen to it simply by playing back the packets received on that port/address. To add Intercom you would make it expontentially more difficult as each responding person would have to have their own multicast port/address to reply on, and then the phones would have to all be aware of those, and then they would have to locally bridge/merge all of the audio together.

I don't see how even if Yealink decided to somehow do all of that it would be any faster/more efficient than using the intercom through Asterisk (which is literally just a SIP call between two phones that gets auto answered). How long of a delay are you experiencing when doing an intercom through the PBX? It should be no slower than making a phone call... if it is, then you need to look at your configuration and find out what you're doing wrong.
.5 seconds to 1/1.5 seconds to complete. Sounds small difference, but customer on old digital systems complain. Multicast is literally .5 seconds so if you could do an internal LAN intercom function somehow that would be perfect.
Reference URL's