Yealink Forums

Full Version: T46G Feature Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please allow us to enter information to be displayed on the upper-most area of the LCD where the time/date are. I would like to be able to enter text, such as the user's name or extension to the left, then have the date/time to the right.
I would also like that to be entered via the autoprovisioning file.

Along the same lines, I would like more space (long field) on the T41P. The amount of space is not sufficient. The T46G allows for the longer field, and I would like that for the T41P also.
(11-04-2014 09:54 AM)imfloridaguy Wrote: [ -> ]Please allow us to enter information to be displayed on the upper-most area of the LCD where the time/date are. I would like to be able to enter text, such as the user's name or extension to the left, then have the date/time to the right.
I would also like that to be entered via the autoprovisioning file.

Agree. Our users often make a voice page via overhead speakers, something like "Mike call 20 please". The workers are mobile, so may make a page from any of a dozen phones, and they find it difficult to quickly remember which extension they happen to be using. Therefore, using this space as the OP suggests, or even just displaying the registered extension name, would be a big benefit for us.
I third this request to have the top line have some option for text input.

@engine411 - We initially had the same issue you are disturbing where people didn't know the extension they were at. What we did is (Im assuming you are 3CX still) is changed the 2 line keys from the person name to "Ext XX" so that on all the phoens the top 2 keys show the extension they are on instead of the name.

in the 3CX template the value we use is.
account.1.label = Ext %%extension_number%%
Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will forward it to our product department.
So it seems the ability of displaying extension is needed most?

Regards,
James
(11-04-2014 12:56 PM)tsukraw Wrote: [ -> ]@engine411 - We initially had the same issue you are disturbing where people didn't know the extension they were at. What we did is (Im assuming you are 3CX still) is changed the 2 line keys from the person name to "Ext XX" so that on all the phoens the top 2 keys show the extension they are on instead of the name.

in the 3CX template the value we use is.
account.1.label = Ext %%extension_number%%

Thank you.

Yealink support - showing the extension number is a good start, but even better would be allowing any custom text to show there. I'm sure there are Yealink users that have something else besides the ext # that they want to use.
To be clear on my initial request, I would like to have something like this:

lcd.label = "custom text here"

Then I can do something like this:

lcd.label = Ext %%extension_number%%

Our provisioning allows us to use some custom tags, similar to this example, so I can be creative with this as long as we are provided with the input option.
+1. I like that idea!
Reference URL's