Yealink Forums

Full Version: T38 audio problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

got a problem with T38 phones. Whenever I make a call and the other party answers, I can't hear any audio for about the frist second. (Phone A calls Phone B, Phone A can't hear B voice for about a second.)

After that the call quality is fine. The phones are connected to an Asterisk Server via 100MBit Switched network with no delay, so network issues can be rules out. I had the same problem with T28 phones, which I solved by activating early media. Unfortunately T38 do not have this option. I already played around with jitter buffer settings, but nothing really helped. The trace I made from the asterisk server showed, that the audio is flowing right away to the phone, so an issue with Asterisk can be rules out.

My question is now: Is this a known issue and is there any fix for it? Would it be possible to fix the firmware of the T38 to enable ealy media option like T2X?

Thanks for an info.

Kind regards

Kai
Hello Kai,
There's other customer mentioned such issue before, please try to test with this latest firmware:
ftp://yealinkftp:yealinkftp@ftp.yealink.....0.125.rom
Any test result please let us know.
And about Early Media option, we will add it on T3x phones in next V71 firmware.
Hi,

thanks a lot for the info. I will try out the new release and come give feedback. Do you have any timeframe for the V71 Firmware?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Kai
T3X V71 will released in about June.
Hi Kai,
T3X V71 will release in about June.
Hi,

just to give some positive feedback:

The problem is solved with the latest firmware. Thanks a lot.

Kai
Thanks Kai.
Reference URL's