Yealink Forums

Full Version: Handsets losing registration on a regular basis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a remote site that has been working fine for some time, but recently I'm staring to see all the handsets at this particular site in the 'Registration Failed' state, a simple reboot is not allowing the registration to complete I am having to do a factory reset of the devices and reconfigure them, then they register immediately.

There are a total o 8 phones at this site, 2 x T26's and 6 x T19's.

There have been no changes in router / internet access / VPN to the PBX and I am yet to do any detailed network traces on the attempts that the handsets try when registering to see if I can see what is going on.

Just wondered if anyone had encountered behaviour like this before.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Christian
(10-14-2014 06:47 PM)cw1972 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have a remote site that has been working fine for some time, but recently I'm staring to see all the handsets at this particular site in the 'Registration Failed' state, a simple reboot is not allowing the registration to complete I am having to do a factory reset of the devices and reconfigure them, then they register immediately.

There are a total o 8 phones at this site, 2 x T26's and 6 x T19's.

There have been no changes in router / internet access / VPN to the PBX and I am yet to do any detailed network traces on the attempts that the handsets try when registering to see if I can see what is going on.

Just wondered if anyone had encountered behaviour like this before.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Christian

I now have the 3cdaemon syslog set up for when it next happens so I can gather information - I will also try sip debug information from within the asterisk cli and finally I have tcpdump /wireshark at the ready.

I think I have the tools at hand to try and pinpoint this - just need a better understanding of the information I will actually gather.
Hi Christian,

Please upgrade the firmware to the V73 beta2 version then test this issue. Because we are improving the V73 firmware. You can download the V73 beta2 firmware from this announcement.
V73 Beta2 Version Firmware And Release Notes of Version 73 Release

when this issue appears, please try to click the confirm button at the webpage of Account to check the account whether can register successfully.
Would you please help me clear below items:
1. Did this issue still exist?
2. What's the probability of occurrence on one phone?
3. What is firmware version of the T26 AND T19 phone?
4. Do you have other brand phones which be deployed at this site? If yes, do they have this issue?
6. In order to do more troubleshootings, please supply syslog level 6, config.bin and pcap when this issue appear then send to me.

How to Get the Correct Syslog, Config.bin and Trace
Did you resolve this issue? It looks almost exactly what happens to my T22P
Restarting the network sometimes work.

Do use the latest firmware.
Hi,

Geneally such an issue attribute to network environment.
Can you get a pcap trace when phone lose registration and check whether phone receive a confirmation message from server.

Regards,
James
Reference URL's