Yealink Forums

Full Version: feature on/off code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

In my opinion it starts to be a bit confusing to work with phone menu.
I was doing some tests with V73, but this menus already exist in v72.
I had configured on code and off code to anonymous call in T42G, I must go to Menu->features-> Anonymous call (in my opinion this should be in 3rd or 4th place not in 7th it's more used than the others).
But my question is not related with this.
When user enters anonymous call menu and chose the right line number the 2nd menu is anonymous call enabled/disabled. I was expecting that for the user it should be simple as enable or disable and save status does not matter what type of configuration is used (most of end users are nor aware of that).
From the tests I did, end user must know those configuration because our Broadsoft does not allow to originate a call as anonymous, so feature must be activated previously on platform using on code but instead of use enable/disable feature it must use send code.

Why not to keep it simple and permit all this configuration in background ( using config files or WebUI) but on the phone is just enable/disable?
Hi Ammcosta,

To BSFT customer, you can press Menu-> Call Control-> Hide Number to enable or disable Anonymous call.
The anonymous call code is for other server. BSFT user can utilize XSI feature to automatically synchronize the anonymous feature between phone and server.

So, if you want to synchronize the anonymous feature in phone and server please configure XSI feature and enable anonymous feature in call control menu.
If you just want to enable phone anonymous feature please go to Menu-> features-> Anonymous call.

We recommend you upgrading to BSFT firmware.

Regards,
James
Reference URL's