Yealink Forums

Full Version: Transfer to Voice Mail T48G
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to transfer a call directly to voice mail? I would like to program a key that enters the transfer sequence and then waits for the users input of the extension they would like to transfer to or press the desired dss key. Is this possible?

I was able to use the prefix key to accomplish this.
Hi,
You can follow the below two solutions, but this feature base on the V73, so please upgrade the version to V73 firstly, please go to this URL to get the V73 beta version:

http://forum.yealink.com/forum/announcements.php?aid=8

Solution A (For an ext number) :

1.Login the web UI, go to DSSKey->MemoryKey / LineKey, set as below picture

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1040]

2.Login the web UI, go to Features->Transfer->Transfer Mode Via Dsskey and set with Blind Transer.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1039]

Solution B (For multiple ext number) :

1.Login the web UI, go to DSSKey->MemoryKey / LineKey, set as below picture

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1041]

2.Login the web UI, go to Features->Transfer->Transfer Mode Via Dsskey and set with Blind Transer.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1042]

How to use plan B?
1. press "transfer"
2. press "Memory 3” key
3. press "memory 2” key

Hope this helps!
Is there any way of doing something similar, with the exception of appending a *. The method we use to transfer to voicemail is Transfer+<Ext>*+Transfer. Right now, the only thing I can think of is to set a transfer key and put in a specific ext+* in the value. This is a lot of extra buttons, especially since they already have all the BLFs set.
In 3cx we setup a prefix key because *4 is not easy to remember.
In the Grandstream UCM we do *<ext> which is easier as no number is required.

I do not see how this can be programmed except as just to dial a * on a BLF - maybe on a prefix key.
So <transfer><Ext><blf with * - 'Voicemail'><Transfer>

Still no less keys.

What PBX are you using?
We use an asterisk based hosted platform. We use *<ext> to check voicemail. So, if I was to use the prefix method, the caller being transferred would be asked for a password to log in to the voicemail box. I was just hoping there was a way to cut down on key presses for transferring to voicemail. Which can be done by programming numerous transfer keys. Now the idea is to use fewer buttons. Perhaps Yealink could add in a suffix (?) or append key type as a feature request to be able to do the same thing, but put the dial code * at the end instead of the front.
I use *97 or *98 to check voicemail or check remote voicemail on the GS UCM (which I think is Asterick based).

So maybe a key that was "*TRANSFER" ? Because Suffix Key of * would still be a key.

<TRANSFER><EXT><* KEY><TRANSFER>
<TRANSFER><EXT><* BLF><TRANSFER>

Otherwise, it still a lot of keys isn't it...
We use the 8 key, then the BLF key
Using dial plan to change 8 101 to 101*

############ Allows for a Tran 8 then DSS/BLF XFER DIRECTLY to VM - ONLY V73
dialplan.replace.prefix.8 = 8(xxx)
dialplan.replace.replace.8 = $1*

Press [TRANS] 8 [BLF] - as SOON as you see the [Trans] softkey in the screen PRESS
It is 4 presses, but works with BLF

We have asked ( and were promised by YEALINK - over and over and over and over again ) that v73 would do this with 3 presses =
a DEFINED KEY, then BLF - but they did NOT DELIVER

Please note
dialplan.replace.prefix.8 = 8(xxx) the prefix.8 is just a coincidence,it could be prefix.1 or 2 , just wherever you have the next slot in your dial plan

look at post http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=440
Although i have not tested the new firmware yet (probably will tomorrow at work) I have to disagree. The standard process in asterisk based distro's (which face it is the majority) of transferring directly to voicemail is to use *[extension]. Checking Voicemail of the extension you are dialing from is done through *97. And to check another extensions voicemail you type *98 wait for prompt, type extension number.

If it works with a prefix key set to append a * then I feel they have delivered. All I want to do is hit transfer key + prefix key (*) + BLF extension key. If that works then I feel any other odd combination people want to try attempting they do on their own. Using an 8 seems like a very bad idea personally, with all the numbers that can start with an 8 I'm pretty sure this was a number advised to not use for extebsions/ring groups/etc. Things can only be so flexible.
I tested this on a T22P and it works exactly as described.
If you are having problems I think you might want to reconsider your feature codes.
None of this stuff is working for us. We have Firmware .31 and we can't seem to transfer directly to vm with the * + ext or any combination of.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's