Yealink Forums

Full Version: T42G and T48G handset audio problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The T42G and T48G exhibit the exact same audio issues as the T46G, which was discussed at length (and a temporary patch created) here: http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1779

In short, the audio from the handset/receiver port has the highs muted and the lows accentuated. It makes it hard to understand many people. But, if you plug the handset/receiver into the headset port, you get a very normal sounding audio experience. Both ports should produce the same audio, and it should sound like the headset audio.

How do we get this addressed for the T42G and the T48G?
Hi Clevelander,

Thanks for your feedback.
We are collecting the feedback of handset voice problem in T4x and will try to let our product department give a solution when the V73 commerical firmware is released.

The V73 beta firmwae has been released, the commercial firmware won't be too long.

Regards,
James
(09-24-2014 10:08 AM)Yealink_James Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Clevelander,

Thanks for your feedback.
We are collecting the feedback of handset voice problem in T4x and will try to let our product department give a solution when the V73 commerical firmware is released.

The V73 beta firmwae has been released, the commercial firmware won't be too long.

Regards,
James

Is the fix for the audio problem included in the beta v73 firmware for ALL the T4xG models?
Same here on my T46G; when using the handset, I hear just fine, but people complain I sound far away (in a tin box) and a bit of echo. When using the headset (Plantronics Voyager Legend over Bluetooth), sound quality both ways is perfect. Hope this will be fixed in the commercial release of v73.
I just purchased a new T48G to test it out as a replacement for all of our existing Aastra 480i phones, and immediately noticed the issue with the handset audio sounding very muffled. I see this has been discussed for some time, and I don't find any solution in the newer 73 firmware mentioned in threads about this topic. I plan to return this phone, and not replace our existing 120 Aastra phones if there is not a solution for it. Any fixes yet?

If i plug the handset into the headset jack, the audio is perfectly fine. Even if I plug in my old Aastra handset the audio is better.

Seems like there should be a fix, or that other people should be complaining about this if not.
Same issue with T46G.
(02-19-2015 05:55 AM)jforbe1 Wrote: [ -> ]I just purchased a new T48G to test it out as a replacement for all of our existing Aastra 480i phones, and immediately noticed the issue with the handset audio sounding very muffled. I see this has been discussed for some time, and I don't find any solution in the newer 73 firmware mentioned in threads about this topic. I plan to return this phone, and not replace our existing 120 Aastra phones if there is not a solution for it. Any fixes yet?

If i plug the handset into the headset jack, the audio is perfectly fine. Even if I plug in my old Aastra handset the audio is better.

Seems like there should be a fix, or that other people should be complaining about this if not.

I agree. I can't believe it is taking this long to address the issue. They "fixed" the problem with a beta firmware on the T46G, but they haven't put it in an official firmware yet. And, they haven't put the "fix" in any version of firmware (production or beta) for the T48 or T42.

Can anyone from Yealink comment on when you'll be addressing this and why it's taking months to do anything?
Where can I get the beta version that has a bug fixed for T46G.
We have T46G and the sound is very muffled and we need to get this fix with Beta firmware before they release the official firmware release.
Thanks.
Hi,

The official firmware of T46G will be available very soon(in one or two weeks). Please download it from website at that time.
After upgrading, do a factory reset to apply all change.

Regards,
James
(06-09-2015 05:12 PM)Yealink_James Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

The official firmware of T46G will be available very soon(in one or two weeks). Please download it from website at that time.
After upgrading, do a factory reset to apply all change.

Regards,
James

I see the xx.73 firmware is out. Any news if this has fixed the 'muffled' sound on the T42, T46, T48?
There is a 35.73.0.50 and a 35.73.193.50 for the T48G
There is a 28.73.0.50 and a 28.73.193.50 for the T46G
There is a 29.73.0.50 and a 29.73.193.50 for the T42G

I have all three phones in my environment. What is the 193 for? And do these xx.73 firmware fix the sound issues?

Thanks,
Todd
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's