Yealink Forums

Full Version: dropped calls on transfer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having a prtoblem with a Yealink t-26. I drop calls when a call from a "Unavalible caller id " call is transfered from the recepetionist to another extension. I talked to to my Support dept and they feel that it is a problem with the Yealink phone. Any Thoughts on this? Should i do a firmware upgrade on the phone.
Thanks
Dan
Hi Daniel,

An anonymous call can't be transferred. It's a normal phoen behavior.
A call transfer is considered consultative when the transferring parties either connect the caller to a ringing phone (ringback heard) or speak with the third party before connecting the caller to the third party. The consult call transfer might not work when the caller ID has an anonymous parameter or the caller ID is null.

Regards,
James
Why is that a normal phone behavior? That makes no sense and doesn't happen on my Aastra, Polycom, Snom and Grandstream phones. We have had same issue with Yealink on the T26 and T28 phones. Available Caller ID doesn't make it anonymous. It means that no name was associated with the number caller id. So when a caller ID comes in it says on your T26 "Unavailable Caller ID : 813-555-5555". We have seen this drop a call on transfer as well as a true "Anonymous" call when the caller ID is blocked. This is not happening on other manufacturers. We have many law firm and doctor offices here in Florida and they block their caller id often.
Reference URL's