Yealink Forums

Full Version: Connecting to network using a wireless connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I work remotely and my company just purchased the T22P for all remote employees. My laptop is connected to a wireless network. It appears that there isn't an option to connect my phone to the wireless network, that the connection needs to be a direct hardwired connection. Does anyone know if this is true or if what my wireless options are with this phone? Thanks in advance!
Hi kmp10sd,

I am sorry to tell you T22P phone doen't support to connect the wireless network. It just support to connect the cable to network.
We are developing wifi feature on the Yealink T46G and T48G.

thanks for your support to Yealink products. Smile
(09-19-2014 11:23 AM)Yealink_Wilson Wrote: [ -> ]Hi kmp10sd,

I am sorry to tell you T22P phone doen't support to connect the wireless network. It just support to connect the cable to network.

Any update on the T46G wireless connection?
We have a sales office where the hard wire connection is about 100 feet away. However his computers have a wireless connection. Any way to connect to that computer's wireless connection?
(12-03-2014 11:49 PM)Nate Abramson Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2014 11:23 AM)Yealink_Wilson Wrote: [ -> ]Hi kmp10sd,

Any update on the T46G wireless connection?
We have a sales office where the hard wire connection is about 100 feet away. However his computers have a wireless connection. Any way to connect to that computer's wireless connection?

In windows you can make your ethernet port into a wireless bridge pretty easily:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...=windows-7

But I think a better solution is generally a dedicated device, as a computer going into standby will disconnect the phone. Small wifi to ethernet adapters designed for devices like SmartTV's work well in my experience:

http://www.iogear.com/product/GWU627/

Edit: I keep forgetting that PowerLine adapters can be very useful as well if your situation involves a single electrical main. Then you can use any standard electrical outlet as an ethernet port by adding an additional adapter. I do this at home with a W-52p since my house has pretty extreme WiFi congestion(58 nearby hotspots!).
Reference URL's