Yealink Forums

Full Version: W52 DECT - can I use two of them?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible, that I set an extension on two DECT, and place them in two building next to each other, and when I go from one building to the other I use the same extension with these two DECTs?

Will it be a problem for the handset? Do I have to reconnect it to the other DECT?

anonymous1712222627012

Hello KuCz,

It's possible to achieve this goal. But there are 2 preconditions.
1. The handset has ever registered with the 2 DECT.
2. Go to OK->Settings->Registration->Select Base->Bestbase

If all the above 2 points has been doen, then when you remove from one building to the other building, it's OK for you to use only one handset.
So if one extension is registered on this handset, then the goal has been realized, right~?

Thanks.
Hi Cindy,

Been wondering here...
If Handset A was registered to Base1 in the first building and also registered to Base2 in second building with same account..
Handset A is on an Active Call....I'm walking out of range (from Base1, 1st building) TO second building (Base2 coverage)
Will the call be interrupted?
Does it seamlessly switch to Base2 and carry over the Active Call to Base2?

I know the repeater has been bred to fullfil this purpose but it would be nice to know if this is possible.

Regards,

anonymous1712222627012

(08-26-2014 10:47 PM)Mumaxb Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Cindy,

Been wondering here...
If Handset A was registered to Base1 in the first building and also registered to Base2 in second building with same account..
Handset A is on an Active Call....I'm walking out of range (from Base1, 1st building) TO second building (Base2 coverage)
Will the call be interrupted?
Does it seamlessly switch to Base2 and carry over the Active Call to Base2?

I know the repeater has been bred to fullfil this purpose but it would be nice to know if this is possible.

Regards,

Hello Mumaxb,

You know my meaning is that we can use one account on one handse to make/receive a call with 2 bases.
But the circumstance mentioned is a little particular. Because it's during a call. We have no data about this circumstance, but I think it worths to have a try.
Reference URL's