Yealink Forums

Full Version: RemotePhonebook.xml
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to provision the RemotePhonebook.xml in the y000000000028.cfg file
with the following entries:

features.remote_phonebook.flash_time = 3600
features.remote_phonebook.enable = 1
remote_phonebook.data.X.url = http://ip_address/RemotePhonebook.xml

It doesn't work.

If I manually put the file name into the phone it works so I know the .xml file is file.
Can anyone tell me if I have something wrong and/or do I need any other entries in the y000000000028.cfg file?

Thanks for your help.
remote_phonebook.data.X.url is wrong.
You need to change the x to detail number.
For example:
remote_phonebook.data.1.url
I have the following in the y000000000028.cfg

wallpaper_upload.url = tftp://real_ipaddress/bg-yealink-SIP-T46G-logo.jpg
remote_phonebook.data.1.url = http://real_ipaddress/RemotePhonebook.xml
I had an issue with the logo and that seems to work now but the RemotePhonebook still does not work. Any other paremeters I need to make it download the RemotePhonebook.xml to the phone?
Thank you for your help.
I have this in there now, do I need anything else in the y00000000028.cfg file?
remote_phonebook.data.1.url = http://ip_address/RemotePhonebook.xml

Do I need
remote_phonebook.data.1.name = Remote Phonebook

I made a discovery. It looks like the Phonebook is copying to the phone but not showing up under the "Directory" button. If I hit menu and Directory it is there. How do I get it to be under the Directory button without have to go to Menu-> Directory? I am close but I can't figure out what is wrong. I must need another entry into the y00000000028.cfg file to make it go under "Directory". Again thanks for your help.

I have this in there now, do I need anything else in the y00000000028.cfg file?
remote_phonebook.data.1.url = http://ip_address/RemotePhonebook.xml

Do I need
remote_phonebook.data.1.name = Remote Phonebook

Yet something else to make it appear under the "Directory" 2nd button from the left on the face of the phone?

Thanks.
In web interface->Directory->Setting.
You need to choose enable the remote phone book, so there is remote phone book option in phone interface.
Thank you for your response. Can this been done from provisioning?
If the phone is factory reset then that means each time someone would have to go to that phone and turn that on. It would be better if auto provisioning could do this?
Sure, it can be done via auto provision. There is another template file which can configure this.
You can check softkey layout in our guide, you will find the solution.
If you are talking about the mac_address.cfg file?
I know of (2) two config files one that is the mac.cfg and the y000000000028.cfg. My understanding is that anything specific goes in the mac.cfg file and anything that relates to all phones goes into the y000000000028.cfg. Are you saying there is yet another .cfg file that setting the
Directory -> settings -> Remote Phone Book -> enabled goes into?
Directory -> settings -> Search Source List In Dialing Remote Phone Book -> Enabled

I only see two files. Why would this have to be in the mac.cfg file when it is something that would be beneficial on all the Phones

What are they called. I see something about super search url what is that? Does that have anything to do which why I have been trying to find out from Yealink for the last several days?

I would appreciate a complete answer. That is why I have asked the question several times.

I am sure I am not the only one wanting this answer.

Can you please tell us what needs to be set in what file?

The rest of the stuff is pretty easy to understand in the auto provision manual, this is not. It's lacking an example as far as I can NOT see.
Thanks for the help
Reference URL's