Yealink Forums

Full Version: SIP-T21P - "SIP Registration Retry Timer" not working on SIP/TLS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
While testing SIP-T21P discovered following:
If SIP server doesn't respond REGISTER messages, after some time (about 15 min)ip phone stops transmiting retry messages and sleeps about 30 min. Then starts transmitting again.
"Sometimes" it stops transmitting, until reboot the phone.
This happens, when SIP over TLS is configured. SIP/UDP works fine - transmits REGISTER every 30 sec.

SIP Registration Retry Timer=30(default)
tried software versions: 34.72.0.20 and 34.72.0.75.
Hardware Version 34.1.0.0.0.0.0

Thank you
Hello,
This seems a bug.
Can I hope it will be fixed in the next software release?
Hi mishadaut,

Access to web GUI->Account->Register->Server Expires time, change the Server Expires to short and try again. This value default is 3600s.
That is mean once the server respond the phone, the phone will send the REGISTER message to server again after 3600s.

thanks
Hello Yealink_Wilson,
It seems you are indicating on different sip option.

The problem is with GUI -> Account -> Advanced -> SIP Registration Retry Timer(0~1800s) option. It indicates
time period of retrying to register, after failed registration. This options is not working as expected , when transport TLS is configured.
Over UDP works fine.

As for your advice, GUI->Account->Register->Server Expires time: I've changed it to 150s anyway for testing purpose, but it didn't affect "SIP Registration Retry Timer" behaviour.
Hi mishadaut,

Thanks for your update. Could you please upgrade the firmware version to the V73 beta version and try your scenario again?
Might it has solved your issue. You can get the firmware from this Announcement.
V73 Beta version firmware release

thanks
Hi Yealink_Wilson,
There is no download for T21P Phones.
I've tried T20P and T22P software versions and no luck - phone didn't upgraded.

My phone supplier provided me firmware 34.72.0.41 - and it solved my issue.

Thanks
Glad to hear it can work. Smile
I call my Phone service providers Annandale, VA who solve all the issues. I don't even have to look after that.
Reference URL's