Yealink Forums

Full Version: No ringback tone between dialing and connected call
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

when we make (outgoing) calls we don’t hear anything until the other person is connected. The usual tone you get (ringback) when the other phone is ringing isn’t there, but you can hear whatever is on the other end of the line when the call is answered. We are using T26P phones. Can this have something to do with settings? I've read this thread; http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=211 (No Sound Between Dialing and Connected Call) but there does not seem to be a specific answer and the thread is also a year old.

thanks a lot!
Hi osadmin,

Sorry for the late reply.
According to your description, may I have the following answers for further analysis?
1.What is the firmware version of issue T26? If it not the latest version,please upgrade it and test again. T26_firmware
2.How often does the issue happen, always?
3.How many T26 have the issue?
4.Does this issue happen no matter the other part is internal call or external call ?

Thx
(09-02-2014 11:34 AM)Yealink_Coco Wrote: [ -> ]Hi osadmin,

Sorry for the late reply.
According to your description, may I have the following answers for further analysis?
1.What is the firmware version of issue T26? If it not the latest version,please upgrade it and test again. T26_firmware
2.How often does the issue happen, always?
3.How many T26 have the issue?
4.Does this issue happen no matter the other part is internal call or external call ?

Thx
Hi,

now I'm a little late in replying. :-)

1. I have tried to upgrade to the latest firmware but I do not know if this has succeeded. Our current firmware version is 6.70.13.9 (hardware 4.0.1.44) and after an upgrade to 6.72.0.80 (or 6.72.0.75) the version number remains 6.70.13.9 in the web interface. I've tried an outgoing call but no ringback tone.
2. I heard a ringback tone 1 or 2 times of all the calls made untill now (hundreds).
3. All are phones (10) have the issue.
4. This only happens when making an external call. Internally we hear a ringback tone.

thanks a lot for your help and greetings,
Els
Hi osadmin,

This is Gerry, can you send me your mail address? I will ask our local support team contact you for the issue.
Thanks.
(08-04-2014 09:08 PM)osadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

when we make (outgoing) calls we don’t hear anything until the other person is connected. The usual tone you get (ringback) when the other phone is ringing isn’t there, but you can hear whatever is on the other end of the line when the call is answered. We are using T26P phones. Can this have something to do with settings? I've read this thread; http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=211 (No Sound Between Dialing and Connected Call) but there does not seem to be a specific answer and the thread is also a year old.

thanks a lot!

We've seen this issue from time to time across our customer base with a variety of phone brands (Yealink, Grandstream, Cisco, etc). In our experience we've found the issue to be with the SIP provider or underlying carrier, not the phone itself. What provider are you using for your outbound calls?
Reference URL's