Yealink Forums

Full Version: Call Wating Tone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have found on Yealink phones that when getting a beep and call waiting tone is enabled the caller on the other end will also noticed a call waiting tone, I tried lowering the tone and help the its not that loud but still hers a tone, is there any way to that caller shouldn't hear the beep tone at all?
(01-30-2013 11:54 PM)Niki Wrote: [ -> ]I have found on Yealink phones that when getting a beep and call waiting tone is enabled the caller on the other end will also noticed a call waiting tone, I tried lowering the tone and help the its not that loud but still hers a tone, is there any way to that caller shouldn't hear the beep tone at all?

Hi Niki,
Do you mean the scenario is like below ,
A is talking with B , another user C calls A, A will play out call waiting tone, then C can hear the call waiting tone as well.
right?
Could you please let me konw which firmware you use ? if not the latest firmware , please download the firmware from yealink web site.
I have tested a T32 and T22, but can't reproduce this issue, could you please let me know if A use the handset or Speaker?
Does A use the speaker?if so , the issue may happen, because the phone paly out the call waiting tone, then phone detect the tone it send it to C just like the user's voice. if you use the handset, the issue won't happen.

Best Regards!
Yealink Support Team.
no, this is not the scenario, the scenario is as follows...

A is talking to B, another user C calls A, A hears the call waiting tone and B will also hear it
(01-31-2013 10:20 PM)Niki Wrote: [ -> ]no, this is not the scenario, the scenario is as follows...

A is talking to B, another user C calls A, A hears the call waiting tone and B will also hear it

Hi Niki,
sorry I have made a mistake by mix teh B and C.
so the really scenario is like below,
A is talking with B , another user C calls A, A will play out call waiting tone, then B can hear the call waiting tone as well.
right?
Could you please let me konw which firmware you use ? if not the latest firmware , please download the firmware from yealink web site.
I have tested a T32 and T22, but can't reproduce this issue, could you please let me know if A use the handset or Speaker?
Does A use the speaker?if so , the issue may happen, because the phone paly out the call waiting tone, then phone detect the tone it send it to B just like the user's voice. if you use the handset, the issue won't happen.

sorry for the inconvenience.
Yealink Support Team
Reference URL's